What's new

Paramount confirms Friday The 13th SEs are coming! (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
If they kept excised footage from Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke, I can't imagine they don't have the expurgated stuff from the early Friday films. It would be rather infuriating if that film is lost forever.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Alright...I will be a 'Negative Nancy' here on this...

Even if the footage does exist and they find it in perfect condition in their vaults and everything that the fans have wanted is there and no problems...that still doesn't mean that we will ever hear about or get a positive answer. I mean come on, if they aren't willing to give the Star Trek fans what they want and a Shatner supervised part 5 recut, why would they do it for their 'bastard' series?

I so want to believe that everything that we have been requesting since 1980 will come to pass. But at the same time, unless this company is really going to change it's entire way of representing their products, that is what makes me really wonder what will become of this.

I can see this happening though...after the fuss that was caused of the art work for part 5-8...I can see them correcting the artwork and giving us the original art, but then switching the art on part 1-4...:b

Crossing fingers that this will finally come to pass...and done the way that people that care about the series want it to be done.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Chuck, the Shatner cut of Star Trek 5 would actually cost Paramount considerable cash to do, as it would involve spending money on new FX shots (quite expensive, especially when the return on investment is shaky at best). With the Friday The 13th films, it would simply be editing back in scenes that were already there, which, while still costly, is not as costly as new CGI FX on Trek V would be. Also, the demand on this forum alone for uncut Friday the 13th films (from what I've seen) far outweighs the demand for a new cut of Star Trek V.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Mother of God, I've been waiting for this for longer than I can remember. This is unquestionably the best news I've heard since the inception of the DVD format! Please let them be uncut :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :emoji_thumbsup:

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Nick I totally understand and I agree with what you are saying. What I am saying is that I am not going to take a single thing in reference to this issue as any sort of reality until the day that we actually see stats on what is coming in this 'set'. This is what I am trying to convey...it is a wonderful announcement...but until we find out what is really going to happen with this set, there really isn't much cause to celebrate at the party, because you have only gotten an invitation.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I don't hate Paramount as a studio, in fact, being a guy who could care less about extras as long as the a/v is good, they are one of my favorite studios. Having said that, there are a million reasons both within their control and completely out of it that would cause them to rehash the plain old theatrical cuts for these SEs, so I'm personally not holding my breath...I'm not gonna fork out the cash if they aren't uncut though.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I already own Parts 1-8 from Paramount, so the only way I will buy them again is if they are UNCUT.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been holding out for SEs, so even if these aren't uncut (as long as there are extras) I'll pick up a box.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Paramount has the opportunity to milk a lot of money out of Horror fans with this double-dip. But this is one time i'm pleading with them...MILK AWAY! We WANT re-issues of these films. Release them Uncut with a few extra features here and there (the Alice Cooper music video for "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)" from part 6, especially) and every horror fan on the planet will be buying 8 more discs.

And that adds up, Paramount. Do it right.

Hopefully after the re-issues sell well, Paramount will re-issue an Uncut My Bloody Valentine. Producer John Dunning has all of the cut footage and is just waiting for the chance to let horror fans everywhere see it.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Read my sig. I woudldn't hold my breath on a real SE version of Friday the 13th films. Paramount hates Friday the 13th and will not give us the UNCUT versions we want:angry:

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Read my sig. I woudldn't hold my breath on a real SE version of Friday the 13th films. Paramount hates Friday the 13th and will not give us the UNCUT versions we want
I say, don't give up hopes just yet. They probably have noticed just how big the Friday the 13th movies have an almost cult following to them. They wouldn't re-release them if they knew there wasn't money to be made. I bet they have the uncut versions stored somewhere in their vaults, and why not just release them, if anything, to get the crazy fans off their backs once and for all.

I mean, come on, what exactly CAN you put into a special edition of a Friday The 13th movie?

Dean

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Eric,

Technically Jason has had a special edition DVD. Jason X is a New Line Platinum Series release.

Its the Friday The 13th films that have not had special edition releases. And if you really think that another distributor can do it better...Warner International Home Video distributes the first film outside of the US and Canada. WIHV created a new featurette and the film presentation is the extended version. But bear in mind that the only new special feature is the "Return to Crystal Lake" featurette by Jeffrey Schwarz.

Not only that, New Line Home Entertainment's "special edition" DVD of Jason Goes to Hell features a choice of either R or unrated versions, commentary, look at the TV alternate scenes, "Jump To A Death," and trailer.

The only Jason film to get a definitive special edition is Jason X. The DVD includes commentary, two featurettes, "Jump To A Death," and theatrical trailer.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
WIHV created a new featurette and the film presentation is the extended version. But bear in mind that the only new special feature is the "Return to Crystal Lake" featurette by Jeffrey Schwarz.
I'm sure I heard a few months back that there was going to be a commentary exclusive to the British release. The SE is out now in region 3 territories and is said to be superb. But no release date has been confirmed for region 2.

Gordy

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma

Yes I know, New Line has been awesome for both there horror franchises(Jason and Freddy) with DVD releases. The only thing about new line that I have a complaint is that they left off the commentaries for Noes Movies 2-5:angry:! But paramount not going give us an SE cuz they think people will just buy the editions they have out now.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Yes, I agree...

New Line has been very good with the JGTH and JX DVD's... I dont own either though...

Problem is I dont like either of those movies and would never really watch them again...

The Paramount "Friday the 13th" series on the other hand I am interested in... Some of them anyways, but I will buy the entire box set out of curiosity if they end up being the uncut versions...

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
ya for the LDs made by another company and the other company gave NL the commentaries to use but NL didn't bother to put them on the DVDs:frowning:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
No, actually there weren't commentaries recorded for 2-6 at all.

All that wasn't included were deleted scenes for part 1 and some other snippets of extras. New Line didn't leave off commentaries...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks