What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Friday The 13th 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Friday the 13th is coming…

in a Killer New 8-Movie Blu-ray™ Collection

Fri13TH8MovCol_BRD_Front_wCase.jpg

Eight Feature Films Plus Hours of Special Features Arrive August 10, 2021, in Time for this Year’s Only Friday the 13th

Take a ride down memory lane with everyone’s favorite psychotic killer Jason Voorhees in the new
FRIDAY THE 13th 8-MOVIE COLLECTION on Blu-ray, arriving August 10, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Get ready for the only Friday the 13th of the year on August 13th with this to-die-for collection, which includes newly remastered versions of the first four films in one of the most influential and successful horror franchises in cinematic history. This must-have set for fans of heart-stopping horror is gushing over with hours of previously released special features including slashed scenes, making of featurettes, killer commentaries and much, much more. The set also includes access to digital copies of all eight movies, including the “uncut” edition of the original Friday the 13th.

Return to the terror of Camp Crystal Lake and re-experience all the screams, scares, and creative kills. From the too-often ignored warnings of Camp Crustal Lake’s “death curse,” through an ever-increasing body-count that culminates on the streets of New York City, the hockey-masked mayhem is unleashed and unstoppable.

The eight films in the collection are: Friday The 13th, Friday The 13th Part 2, Friday The 13th Part 3, Friday The 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter, Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning, Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives, Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood, and Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

FRIDAY THE 13th U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Uncut U.S. Rating: Not Rated
FRIDAY THE 13th Part 2 U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part 3 U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part V: A New Beginning U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part VI: Jason Lives U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part VII: The New Blood U.S. Rating: R
FRIDAY THE 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan U.S. Rating: R

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like just a re-package of the discs/set they released 3 years ago. The PR above mentions all the "previously released special features." I don't see anything new, unless it's the digital copies.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I think I was wrong in my previous post. The press release says that the set "includes newly remastered versions of the first four films" so that must mean that the 4K transfers (used in the Shout set) are also used here. And that makes me assume that the anaglyph 3D version is being dropped.

More shocking than anything in the Friday The 13th movies: after re-releasing the same discs for a decade, Paramount has made new discs for the early F13 movies!

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
Looks like just a re-package of the discs/set they released 3 years ago. The PR above mentions all the "previously released special features." I don't see anything new, unless it's the digital copies.
I wish they would let Buechler do a directors cut of 7. Other than some brief nudity and language, I’m surprised it’s got an R rating. It’s pretty tame. My dad worked on that one and told me how they did a lot of the special makeup effects. He was really bummed not to see them in the finished film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wish they would let Buechler do a directors cut of 7. Other than some brief nudity and language, I’m surprised it’s got an R rating. It’s pretty tame. My dad worked on that one and told me how they did a lot of the special makeup effects. He was really bummed not to see them in the finished film.
The deleted footage was almost definitely thrown away so, sadly, it can't happen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if SHOUT did any additional cleanup on the Paramount remasters supplied to them or if these will look pretty much the same.
100% a guess but I think they'll be identical to what was on the Shout set or close to it. Paramount has generally treated F13 pretty decently on disc so even if Shout did do some work, this set will still look fairly decent.

The one question I'd have relates to how Part VI will look- will it have the 'green tint' on the first Blu-ray or the correct/original coloring seen on the DVD and the Shout set?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
100% a guess but I think they'll be identical to what was on the Shout set or close to it. Paramount has generally treated F13 pretty decently on disc so even if Shout did do some work, this set will still look fairly decent.

The one question I'd have relates to how Part VI will look- will it have the 'green tint' on the first Blu-ray or the correct/original coloring seen on the DVD and the Shout set?

Based on the press release, I'll be surprised if 5-8 aren't duplicates of the existing Paramount discs...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Based on the press release, I'll be surprised if 5-8 aren't duplicates of the existing Paramount discs...
I just checked Amazon and they have it listed as a six-disc set so yeah, parts 5 to 8 are almost definitely going to be the existing discs (with two movies per disc) meaning that it will still be the wrong coloring on Part VI.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Price. The Shout! set lists for $160 and this one lists for $80...
Yeah, it's for the more casual fan but I thought the MSRP would be $50 max. Paramount put out that John Hughes 5-movie set a few months ago and I think that had a $30 MSRP so I figured the F13 set would be $35 or maybe $40 after the normal discounts. Anyone that doesn't have or want to spend the money on the Shout set probably should just buy the current Blu-ray set that's $25 on Amazon right now.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's for the more casual fan but I thought the MSRP would be $50 max. Paramount put out that John Hughes 5-movie set a few months ago and I think that had a $30 MSRP so I figured the F13 set would be $35 or maybe $40 after the normal discounts. Anyone that doesn't have or want to spend the money on the Shout set probably should just buy the current Blu-ray set that's $25 on Amazon right now.

It'll be interesting to see how much of an upgrade the transfers on the 1st 4 movies are over the existing Paramount discs.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the Shout! package. Paramount will send me a review copy but Shout! didn't, so I won't be able to compare 2021 Paramount to Shout!'s work...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen two competing sets without one being OOP? Is the Shout set long for this world?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks