Paramount confirms Friday The 13th SEs are coming!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nick Graham, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

From DVD File.....

2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

It's awfully nice to finally hear something positive but I'll believe it when I see it. If true, all I can say is "about GD time."

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Just give me a 3-D version of Part 3!!

4. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

While this should really be a cause to celebrate, it simply makes me wonder what is going to be coming of this.

The fans have spoken...and we want out films unrated. No unrated versions...no sale.

Despite the fact that you might include the original art...No sale.

If it is simply going to be a re-packaging of these films in a nice little box...No sale.

We have told you what we have wanted for years, if you don't meet us at least half way...NO SALE.

I did not purchase all eight films to simply pay all over again for a box to hold them in. Either do them right, or don't do them at all.

Time will tell.

(By the way...why not test the water with the Special Edition that Warner has of the first film coming out to see if people would buy it...there is a great test. Why have money that could be going to Paramount be going to another company? This and my Peanuts films...two things that need to be done right...)

5. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

I'll believe this when I see it, but if it does happen I'm not interested unless they are uncut! Ive already got the R versions on DVD, and don't plan to buy them again...

6. Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger Supporting Actor

The question is....

Does Paramount have the "rights" to release an "uncut" version like Warners did in Japan (laserdisc)?

Dugger

7. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Well I'm not worried about the first film, as its out uncut already R3 and soon R2. Just the ones that Paramount owns exclusively worldwide, being parts 2-8.

8. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

9. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hell has FINALLY frozen over! This is certainly the most excited I've EVER been over a DVD release. I certainly hope that Paramount does EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE for this! Because they say they hope for a late 2004 release, which is over a year away, that gives me hope that they're gonna really do something with this, including uncut versions. Even though they say they don't know if they'll be included, they mention the high request of fans wanting them uncut. Hopefully they realize if they don't release them uncut, they'll lost MANY sales.(Not from me though, I'm gonna buy this no matter what.)I also remembering Paramount saying the reason for the non-original poster art for 5-8 is becuase they want there to be a difference between the ones they put out then, and the possible re-issues. So that gives me hope that all the cover art will be the original poster art. All I can say now is: I LOVE YOU PARAMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

They can remaster them all they want, and add all the special features they can fit, but if they are not UNCUT then NO SALE.

Dean

11. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Maybe now Paramount will offer a 3-D version of Part III. They did it before in Japan in the late 80's on VHD and original VHD videodiscs of this one (a dead format by the way) go for over $100 easy. How hard would it be for Paramount to offer at least the choice of 2-D or 3-D?? A small company like Slingshot has shown it's not hard at all.

[​IMG]

...Come on Paramount! You can do it!!

12. Trevor H

Trevor H Second Unit

I just recently finished buying all the discs, if the new ones are not unrated I WILL NOT BUY THEM!!!

13. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Here is something I never in a million years though I would ever see coming from Paramount and the series they treat like their red-headed stepchild...

Paramounts cashing off Freddy vs Jason begins!!!!

Over at DVDFile.com, Matin Blythe from Paramount (the guy who plans the DVD relases I believe, but could be wrong" has stated they are getting ready to release special editions of the entire Friday the 13th DVD series in 2004....

Here is the quoted article:

"Indy meets Jason - 1:23pm

In other Paramount news, fans of that big guy in a hockey mask have been clamoring for special edition reissues of the Friday the 13th series for some time now, so we talked with Paramount Home Entertainment's head of publicity Martin Blythe, who had some good news for fans of the sultan of summer camp slaughter.

Holding distribution rights to the first eight films in the never-ending series, Paramount is currently in the beginning stages of planning new reissues of the Friday flicks, although due to the very limited availability of archival materials, just what form such a release would take, such as a box set, remains formative. There is also no word on whether uncut versions of the films, which remains highly requested by fans of the series, will be possible to include. As for a release date, a late 2004 arrival is hoped for. Watch this space!"

I am in shock because I never in a million years ever thought I would see the day where this would happen...

14. Randy B A

Randy B A Supporting Actor

This is news I have been waiting for. I have resisted the temptation to buy these for a while now. One more nod for uncut versions.

15. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Uncut versions Paramount. That is the single most important thing. Please please please. ANY other supplements you could possibly put on there couldn't compare to uncut versions of all eight. And a 3-D version of Friday 3 would also be very welcome.
    Please do this right.

16. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

[​IMG]

17. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

I'll buy it! [​IMG] Glad I waited...

18. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

uncut would be great, there is no denying it but, being one of the friday fans who refused to buy the bare bones releases in hopes of an se box set, id be excited to get these movies in a nice box with extras like the nightmare on elm street box.

its just everything weve heard thus far seems to point to little to no chance of them going ahead and creating unrated versions of these films.

but like i said, if a miracle happens, ill be in line either way for these new releases.

19. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

We know they've got extra footage on the first and seventh films available, as that has been well documented, but I don't hold out much hope they'll restore much to any of the others.

I'd be happy with a nice documentary retrospective, the original artwork, uncut versions of 1 and 7, and a field sequential 3-D version of Part 3!

20. Zak Hepburn

Zak Hepburn Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] oh please Let it be done RIGHT[​IMG]