What's new

Paradigm Servo 15 v2 (1 Viewer)

RobertS

Grip
Anyone know what the price is going to be on the Servo 15 v2? I am thinking of trading in my PW 2200 for one and was wondering the difference in price and if it is worth the added cost.

thanks,

Rob

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Last I read the MSRP is $2400 IIRC for this sub. That's a premium price over the last one. I won't say what I'd recommend but at $2k, you have lots of options unless you planned on spending less.

RobertS

Grip
Shane,

thanks for the reply, I was hoping the msrp would be under 2,000. My dealer lets you upgrade speakers within a year so I would have to go with a brand they carry, so I am limited on my choices. I am very happy with the PW 2200 for movies but started to get the upgrade bug. I am switching my front speakers to studio 40's and the center to the cc570 along with the ADP 470 for the surrounds, I was thinking if I traded the PW 2200 in would it be worth the added cost of 1400 dollars.

Rob

RobertS

Grip
Chris,

thanks for the review, I might have to consider it with the cost of the new servo 15. I like the less distortion the servo 15 puts out and I would think it would sound better for music listening. The smaller size would be nice for moving it around considering the new servo 15 is 114lbs and half a foot bigger. I will have to go in and listen to both for myself. My dealer has a new servo 15 in but doesn't have it set up yet or pricing on it. They are the only Paradigm dealer in Minneapolis so I know they won't budge allot on price but at least wanted to know what people in other areas are asking for it.

Rob

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Rob, I have a Servo15v1 and have enjoyed the h*ll out of it for the last couple of years. It was a major step up IMHO from the PW Series.

As far as the v2 goes, you are basically getting a slightly downgraded driver from the Signature Servo and a plain cabinet rather than the fancy wood one. The amp plate I believe is the same as the Signature unit with some changes to the crossover, but your Dealer will be able to give you more info in that regard. One b*tch I have is there is no crossover bypass on the v2 unit. In that price point most people would be doing the crossover adjustments in their Pre/Processors. I know in the case of the 15v1 there is no internal crossover and I do not use the external X30 I got with it, so my preamp does all the work.

If you can get a pretty good trade in on your 2200, then it would make the price of the v2 easier to take. I am a fan of Servo Subs and would not be pleased with the Seismic Series due to high distortion levels - even though the thing really delves down deep.

I'm running the other speakers you are looking at getting and the only tough decision I would make if I did it again would be whether or not to get 20's for the surrounds rather than the ADP's. In my case I am listening to more and more DVD-A/SACD and find the dipoles too dispersed for MC Music. Certainly no complaints for Movies :)

RobertS

Grip
Paul,

I would get the full price I paid last year $929.00 to put towards the servo 15. I don't listen to SACD or DVD-A yet but plan on doing so in the near future so I will have to think about getting the studio 20's instead of the ADP 470. I am hoping to upgrade next year to the signature line but that is a ways away.

Rob

London Lawson

Second Unit
2000 dollar sub?? sheesh..ill stick with my 200 dollar pawn shop special pw2200. i couldnt imagine more bass than that...thats insane!(i stepped up from a aiwa all in the box sub)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
RobertS.

I'm really happy with my Signature Servo. Awesome sub. I was using a Servo-15 v1 before the Sig. :emoji_thumbsup:

But if you are concerned about the price of the Servo-15 v2, why not just try to find a used Servo-15 v1 instead? They are easy to find, and the price will be really nice, now that they are discontinued.

PaulT

Supporting Actor

:D Not really :D
A Genelec HTS6 (7500$) or a Servodrive 1812 (15000$) might be 'approaching' insane.

Robert,

If you are going to upgrade to the Sig line at some point, then Levesques suggestion would be a thought. Used v1's show up at around the 900-1000$ price point on Audiogon now and again.

There is one there now (Louisiana) for $1000 with an X-30.
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ubw&1116313464
Also, in Ontario, Canada for 950CAD (about 775USD):
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...o_15_subwoofer

I've posted the links as they are not my units. Shipping these things would be pricey....

RobertS

Grip
Levesque,

First off, I have seen the pics of your system and it is unbelievable, I hope to have a system like yours one day. I have been putting my system together without taking out a loan or putting it on the credit card so the speaker upgrade my dealer lets you do has been a great way for me to move up from the monitor line to the studio line and eventually the signature line next year. I have had no problems with the PW 2200 for movies but music is another story although it hits low for movies IMHO its a little sloppy for music. My dealer has a servo 15 v2 in but he didn't know the pricing on it or have it set up yet to demo, they have a meeting on Tuesday night with the Paradigm reps so he should have more info for me on Wednesday. I was just trying to get an idea on what people are paying for one so I can bargain with my dealer.

Paul,

I didn't even think about Audiogon, but I feel that if I am going to upgrade to the Sig s4 next year then the servo 15 v2 would be a better match. I am not to concerned about the price I just want to make sure the price is worth the performance upgrade from the PW 2200 and it sounds like it is.

Thanks,

Rob

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Well, you will be happy with either the v1 or v2 as compared to the PW. I have not had the opportunity to listen beyond the v1 series (they had no Sig Sub but I was blown away by the S4's when I heard them - that will be my next upgrade path ;) - please make it stop....)

Unfortunately with Levesque and myself being Canucks, any prices we could pass along would not have a good bearing on what the US dealers are asking. I think if you have a good relationship with your dealer (and he obviously sees you are moving up the line fairly quickly), then I would expect that he should give you a good deal.

Good luck and let us know if you do go with the v2 what you think.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
RobertS.

Thank you for the kind words. And btw, I did build up my system just like you, w/o making a loan, and by taking small steps at a time.

Can you imagine I did start with 6 computer speakers 8 years ago, with a 300$ receiver. And then I got 6 Atoms+ PDR10, then Mini-Monitors all around, then Reference serie speakers, and now the Sigs.

Unfortunately like PaulT just told you, Canadian pricing on Paradigm/Anthem equipment is not really like those of the "regular" US dealers pricing. I think the discounts are bigger here.

The Sigs S4 with a good sub like the Servo-15 v2 will make a really nice set-up. But I really think you should take a good look at the SVS subs also. In the US, SVS are tough to beat. Don't limit yourself to Paradigm subs.

RobertS

Grip
Thanks again guys for the info, I am hoping once I get to the Sig line I will be happy with the sound and done upgrading, but by that time I will be thinking about going with separates instead of a receiver, a new projector, etc, etc... I guess the upgrading never really ends. I will have to wait until Wednesday to hear the servo 15 v2 but it sounds like it will be a night and day difference from the PW 2200.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks