What's new

SVS PB12-Plus/2 or Paradigm Servo-15 v2 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Cheung
I'm going to buy a new subwoofer for my HT. I've 2 temporarily options in my mind, one is PB12-Plus/2 and the other is Servo-15 v2. I tested the Servo-15 not long ago and it gave quite a good impression to me, especially playing for music. It was tight and went coherent with the front speakers. On the movie side, it performed ok too, but I expected a bit more from it, like went deeper, more exposive,... On the other hands, I'm thinking of PB12-Plus and I assume it would be a candidate to consider. Unluckily, I don't have any experience on it. Could anybody share any experience to me?? Thank You!!:)

mr.H

Grip
Real Name
Hermie
Hi, If you are in the USA, you can try the SVS PB-12/Plus2 for 45 days and return it to them if you think you don't like it and you get you money back no questins ask. But I think you will never return it coz you'll gonna LOVE it! Good Luck!

Real Name
Cheung
I'm actually in China, so the return policy doesn't seem too useful for me... that's why I truly need some help here. Unfortunately, so far you're the only one who gave me the information. Anyway, thank you!! I appreciate for that!!:)

Real Name
Cheung
Thanks for providing me the link!! Actually, I did read them before. What I'm looking for is some sharing from the existing or past user(s) of these subwoofer(s) about how much they enjoy them. Also the strength/characters of the subwoofer,... Thank You, anyway!!:)

Real Name
Cheung
Thanks in advance!! I'm looking forward to your post very soon... Any other thoughts are also very much welcomed!!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Servo 15 is a great sub, but it has absolutely no chance against the Plus/2. The Plus/2 will have quite a bit more output and extension. If you are more concerned about musical performance though, the Servo 15 may be a better choice or even the Velodyne DD-15 - they are cleaner in presentation overall due to using sealed enclosures, but when looking for the really low stuff, the vented SVSs really deliver.

Real Name
Cheung
Thanks for your valuable input!! That's what I thought as well... You may know that I do want to get BOTH strength, but I understand that would be in another price range I suppose... maybe I'm wrong??!!

MikeNg

Second Unit
Hi Cheung,

This is a departure from your choices, but I know that AV123 builds their subs in China. Perhaps they might be able to work something out with you as far as demoing a product. Their subs generally don't go as low/loud as some of the SVS offerings, but they are quite excellent for music. You might be able to get enough room extension to be satisfactory for cinema use though. As a company, they are like SVS - outstanding in every respect.

What would it cost you to ship an SVS to your home? You may be able to save some money buying a sub built in China. Heck, isn't EVERYTHING built in China? P

Anyway, in much the same way one would recommend Canadians to check into Paradigm's offerings (their built there) it may be worth it for you to check into a Rocket (AV123).
http://www.av123.com

Regards,

Mike

Real Name
Cheung
According to the review, its quality doesn't look as great as other two, PB-12Plus/2 or Servo-15, or even Ultra/2... So I'm more focusing on the latters, not the one you suggest. Anyway, thanks!! Still waiting for more sharing on the other subwoofers...

Real Name
Cheung
That's what I thought too... Thanks Jack!! BTW, are U the owner of either subwoofer, I mean PB12-Plus/2 or Sevrvo-15?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It would likely take 3 or more of the UFW-12s to equal a Plus/2 IMO. I know they don't sell their products there, that wasn't what I was getting at.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I bought the PB12-Plus/2 a month ago...the thing is as impressive to look at as it is to listen to. I have heard the Paradigm in a Home theater setting. I auditioned it as well as several other Paradigm speakers.

The Servo 15 isn't even in the same league. I believe it is more expensive also.

The SVS is without a doubt the best sub i have ever heard. Now I grant you there maybe other subs above this price range, but I haven't heard them.

Be certain that no other sub in this price range IMO can touch SVS

jdiddy

Grip
Real Name
Justin Reaves
I have recently purchased a PB12-Plus/2 and I love it. I have to agree this thing is big and sounds as awesome as it looks. I used to have some Definitive Technology 18" subs and they just don't sound as good as the Plus 2. I don't think you will be dissapointed with buying the SVS. I hope this helps.

MikeNg

Second Unit
If AV123 doesn't sell any of their products in China, then it's a level playing field. Just trying to determine the best bang for your Chinese buck! May be worth dropping the folks a line anyway.

As far as output, it really depends on the application. The SVS may have more output than an offering from AV123, but you'll never tap into it in a small room. In my medium sized room the UFW10 was better on music than my PB12-ISD/2, but the SVS rocked the house when I was in 'cinema' mode. It all depends...

I've had two subs from SVS and one from AV123 - solid products all the way 'round.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks