What's new
World Wide Stereo

Paradigm Reference V2 Vs. V3 - Has anyone done a direct comparison? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Kleinberg

Stunt Coordinator
christopher,
What amp and preamp do you use at home, and which ones did you listen to at the shop to audition the V3's.

Jeff

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jeff,

At home I have a Lexicon MC-12B and EAD Powermaster 1000. At the shop they had the v.3s setup on a Bryston preamp with the Anthem amp..however, not sure it was the MCA series or the PVA series.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Christopher,

Do you see yourself upgrading your entire system with the V.3 Paradigms?? I ask as it would seem you have at least a 5 channel system with the Lex and the EAD amp.

I ask the question because do you think timbre matching would be a problem with the ver. 2's IF I purchased ONLY the mains?

Of course, this would only be after a few hours of some critical listening. I own the 100's and 40's ver. 2 plus the CC center at the moment.

I've been a bit fearful of dropping by the local Paradigm dealer as I might get the bug again. Gezzz.. :)

Thanks,
Charles

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Chas_T,

I am currently using Studio 80s v.1 with the v.2 fronts...I really like the 80s for the rear, they sound really good. Although, I would like to have v.3s all the way around, I cannot afford that right now.

I think timbre matching the fronts with the centre is more critical than the rears for home theater. With DVD-A and SACD, it becomes more of a factor...however, by staying in the same model line..the timbre matching will be as close as you can get.

FYI, the guys at Paradigm said that the v.3 and v.2 would timbre match alright but not perfectly.

I've been a bit fearful of dropping by the local Paradigm dealer as I might get the bug again. Gezzz..
Yup, I fell into that trap...I should never have gone to my dealer. The speakers look so nice though that they hypnotized me;). I am disappointed that there is no rosewood finish anymore..just cherry, sycamore and black.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Funny!! :D

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on the Rosewood finish not being available as it sounds like we both have that finish.

I guess I'll have to take a trip to the local Paradigm dealer and give them a look and a listen. I've driven by there numerous times and put a lock on my steering wheel so I don't make that right turn into their parking lot. It's that dark path again that Matt refers to.

Did you or anyone happen to listen to the CC-570 center channel??

Ted Pugh

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a web site that might have pictures, stats, etc. on the new version 3's.

Thanks,

Ted

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Ted, the only place I saw pics and ad was at the AVS forum, try this link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=paradigm

Chas_T,

Did you or anyone happen to listen to the CC-570 center channel??
The 570 is physically huge, way bigger than the Studio CC v.2. As a matter of fact the 470 is also bigger than the v.2. I only listend to the 470 and they sounded great. If you do a lot of music listening in 5.1 (DVD-A/SACD) or have Lexicon's logic 7, then the 570 comes closer to matching the fronts in terms of midbass/bass, etc.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I did a comparison yesterday of the Studio 40 .v2's and .v3's.

I listened music from Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Anastasia and The White Stripes for about 30 - 40 minutes through a Denon receiver with the 40's only, no Sub. The Dealer told me the .v3's had not much time on them yet if you are a believer in 'break in'.

IMHO the .v3's were much better in the highs and mids. The soundstage was excellent. The .v3's definately have much better sound than the .v2's. The .v3's sounded much more 'natural' to me, especially the piano and female voices of the material I listened to.

I am currently running Klipsch speakers so am used to the sound being quite 'bright'. Got them to A/B some of the new Klipsch speakers with the .v3's and found that the Paradigm's were much warmer, not a harsh high end as sometimes the K's can be.

Would I upgrade to the .v3's from .v2's if I had them - probably (the price difference in Canada hasn't changed all that much). Since I was going to purchase the .v2's as my upgrade, I will be buying the .v3's and will be even happier....

FYI I was quoted the following in Canadian Dollars 'before' any discounting:

40v3 1000 pr
CC470v3 650 ea
CC570v3 900 ea
ADP470v3 wasn't sure as he didn't have any but thought they would list at 900 for the pair.

JasonGT has just posted that the Paradigm Ref website has finally been updated with the new specs:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks