What's new

Paradigm PW-2200 vs Servo-15 sub (1 Viewer)

Mike L-field

Agent
I own both subs. I use the servo in my main HT/music system with studio 40's for mains and Studio ADPs surround in a room @ 3200 cubic feet. The PW 2200 is mated to a pair of studio 20's for music only in my bedroom which is @ 3000 cu. ft. room.. (The shape of the BR is better accoustically, and the positioning of the speakers different). I agree with Tom completely; the servo outshines the PW2200 down at its lowest extension, and can put out major SPLs - all I need. So you need to consider how much you'll use it for the lowest frequencies. I also agree with all others about is "percussive" effect; its tightness/sense of quickness. It is superb for music when set up right. AND I have been able to blend it seamlessly with my mains (thru the X-30 cross-over). It is, overall better than the 2200.I doubt if you'd be disappointed if you replaced the 2200 with the servo. BUT, the 2200 has been very satisfactory for music only in my smaller and accoustically better bedroom. It is, in my perception very close, even on muxsic. My music tstes run the gamut from simple "bare" vocals and accoustic instruments to music with a lot of low synthetic bass. I'll stop rambling now :)
------------------

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

james e m

Second Unit
I too am trying to decide which sub to buy the Servo-15 or the PW-2200. I emailed a Paradigm dealer near me and he told me that the Servo-15 was better for a larger room. This kind of put me off the Servo because I am looking to buy my first house sometime in the future and since I am just going to graduate from college, my home theater room will probably not be huge. But whatever sub I buy, I want to be able to use it for a long time. Eventually I plan on having a large room for a home theater, but that could be in 10 years. I just want the best and tightest bass possible. I'm not sure what to do. Does room size play a huge part in the subs abilities? I'm looking for a sub that will give me the feeling of bass in my chest when a shot gun is fired on screen.
James
------------------
When in doubt...Rock it out.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Does room size play a huge part in the subs abilities? I'm looking for a sub that will give me the feeling of bass in my chest when a shot gun is fired on screen.
James

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info, folks. Maybe I can coax my local dealer into getting a Servo-15 in the store so I can hear it. I heard one about a year and a half ago at that store, but that was a long time ago listening for only a brief period of time, and they no longer carry the Reference line due to low sales volume. Sounds like the Servo-15 might just hit the spot for me.
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks