What's new

Mid-range Paradigm subs - PDR-12, etc. - any good? (1 Viewer)

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
I did a search on this topic but couldn't find any real threads devoted specifically to these subs.

I've been thinking about it recently, and I'm not sure I'm going to need the balls-out performance of an SVS or an Hsu (I know, heresy!). I live in an apartment and I probably won't be listening TOO loudly. So, I've started to consider some more affordable alternatives. My dealer recommended the PDR-12, which he sells for $419 (before discount).

I know Paradigm isn't exactly known for their subs (except for the PW-2200 and Servo-15), but it seemed like a reasonable price for something that I hope will be more than enough for me. Does anybody have any experience with these subs? If so, what did you think?

I also just started looking at the Adire Rava. Any recommendations? And what are the pros and cons of sealed vs. ported subs?

DanArm

Auditioning
I have the pw 1200 and its plenty loud. got it for $650 canadian. I would recommend checking it out if you can.

DanArm

Auditioning
I have the pw 1200 and its plenty loud. got it for $650 canadian. I would recommend checking it out if you can. sorry must have hit the post button twice.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Dan: Thanks for the recommendation. Does anybody else have experience specifically with the PDR-12?

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I think a search on this forum might pull in a few positives on the PDR-12, considering a street price < $350 US. It's on my friend's short list based on such feedback I have seen last year, although I have yet to hear it.

However, I have heard many good things about the Rava, so if one can afford $400 US, it's likely the better value.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks