What's new

Paradigm Mini Monitor v1, need a quick answer (1 Viewer)

Carl__S

Auditioning
I've got a chance to pick up a like new pair of the Paradim Mini Monitor v1s for $180 with a 1 yr warranty. Given that these aren't the latest version of these speakers (not a v2 or v3), can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? I'm inclined to think it probably is but I'm hoping someone a little more clued in than me can confirm this.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
That's not a bad price...but the V1 is different from their current V3 line. So if your using them for surrounds it's not a bad deal...but if your wanting them for mains you might have to find a V1 center to go along with it to keep it matched up.

I recently sold a pair of V3 Mini-Monitors for about $250.00. They area popular speaker so if you want the latest version but don't want to buy new they pop up quite frequently on Ebay and Audiogon.

You can normally buy them for around $350 brand new with a dealer discount.

Carl__S

Auditioning
Thanks, I'm actually looking for them for casual listening in a small bedroom. Stereo setup.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
If they are offering a 1 year warranty it could just be the last year of Paradigms 5 year warranty. That would make the speaker 4 years old.

The speaker was something over $300 when new(say $330), so I'd say no more than $150.

Somebody that owned these may be able to give you a better price.

and I'm Canadian so that doesn't help much:)

B

Carl__S

Auditioning
If I can get them for $160-165 with shipping and everything then maybe I will. Maybe.

Thanks again guys.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
"Like new" and ~5 years old don't really go together. The v2s were around for at least 3-4 years, and the v3s have been out for just about 2 now.

I see that they are an authorized dealer - are they giving you the warranty?

Carl__S

Auditioning
Yeah they are "giving" me the warranty. And you're right about like new and 5 yrs old not going together, but I've spoken with them over email (I guess you found them on audiogon) and they're supposed to be pretty much in perfect condition and whatnot. I've got the current offer at $169 and thats still too much IMO.

I've been reading up on it though, and talking to some friends to get a handle on what they're really worth. My primary interest is photography and i could name prices on vintage and modern cameras without half a thought, but audio is a bit beyond me usually.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, looked on Audiogon to see if there were any better deals and came across their ad, but used 'digms seem to have been selling quick lately. They have good feedback too, so they may work with you, since the speakers are older.

FYI, there are a pair of v3s on Ebay currently at $150...

Carl__S

Auditioning
Yeah, I saw those V3s. I'm going to keep an eye on em. :)

I don't think I can get the guys with the v1s to go any lower than 150, so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks