What's new

Paradigm, center speakers and HT (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Going to be upgrading my fronts, finally..

Paradigm Studio 60 v.5's to go with my 10 year old LCR-450 center, my ADP-450 dipole surrounds, and my PW-2200 sub.

I would LIKE to upgrade the center channel as well so they match, and hopefully it won't be ANOTHER 10 years..

But is the LCR-450 going to be such a large mismatch?

What would I have to get to get a good match?

The Paradigm site says a Studio CC-690.. But that thing is HUGE!!!!! LOL

Would I be able to get away with a 590, or even a 490??

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
I'm using Paradigm studio 100's along with ADP 590s and a Servo-15. Upgrading the center channel posed a similar challenge for me because of space. My AV store was nice enough to let me take home a CC-490 to try it out. It's a glove-like fit in my TV stand so that's a plus, but it is performing very well, much better than I thought it would next to my 100's, plus I got a good deal on it compared to what I would have spent for a 590 or 690, and I would have needed to build a shelf. I'm afraid as I upgrade to more power sometime in the distant future, it might seem to fall behind, but I guess I'll find out when I get there. I kept the original box so I can sell it on if need be.
I'm using an older Pio Elite receiver, VSX 37TX.
The guys at the AV store say that the 590 keeps up well in their experience, which was my original intention, but the 490 is brand new, so they're waiting for my feedback. What are you using to drive your 'Digms?

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
Your Onkyo paired with those 'Digms will surely make you happy! I'd say from experience that timbre-matching is a priority, and a CC-490 can certainly deliver that when paired with your Studio 60s. I think there would be a very noticeable difference with the 690 due to the addition of 2 bass/mid drivers, so you'd get more clarity, for sure. The only difference between the 590 and 490, from what I can tell, is the size of the drivers.
If you can talk your A/V store into giving you an in-home audition, give the 490 a shot. The price difference is huge, so if it works for you, you'll save some bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks