Panny PT53TW53 at CC for 1299.99 after Rebate

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Bob Graz, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

This looks interesting. In this mornings Circuit City flyer they are advertising a closeout on Panny PT53TW53. $1999.99 less $250. mail-in rebate less $450. instant savings resulting in a final price of $1299.99. In addition that also qualifies for a $100. merchandise card mail in offer. That looks like a pretty good offer.

2. MattSimpson

MattSimpson Auditioning

I'm thinking of jumping on this... CC doesn't indicate so, but panny's site says it has DVI input... Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

According to this thread, it does have DVI.

4. oharag

oharag Extra

Just bought one today. Little disappointed with the size of this set compared to the WX version, but this deal makes this set much cheaper. I went ahead and purchased the $399 4 year warranty. With the price reduction plus the $250 rebate on the set I guess I'm getting the warranty for free. I have no need for the built in speakers. And yes the set has a DVI input.

oharag

5. Roy Van Nostrand

Roy Van Nostrand Stunt Coordinator

Roy Van Nostrand
    I just received mine. I didn't buy the $419 extended warranty ...if I can't break it in twelve months, it won't break ...right? This is my first RPTV and I rather hastily plunked my dough down without reading anything current on RPTVs.

After Ebates, the rebate and the GC card after tax 1294. It seems like a fantastic deal to me!

6. oharag

oharag Extra

Roy Van Nostrand, I ended up buying the extended warranty for four years. I figured I was getting it free with all the rebates and gift cards they were giving away.

I'm like you I wanted to believe the one year rule with electronics, but in this case with such an expensive purchase I figured it would be best be covered for piece of mind. The CC guys stated the following benefits:

- all fees are covered to come out and fix the problem at your home,
    - the standard warranty that comes with the TV does not have this luxury (ie. you pay for the service tech time),
    - If something catastrophic happens during the four year period you get full replacement cost,
    - if you wear out your remote it is replaced at no cost (which probably will happen),
    - the cost of service from Panasonic will be much higher after the first year of warrantly (I believe this).

I bought a 3 year plan with my 31" CRT TV 12 years ago. Never used it though. Still working like a champ. I feel that after 4 years of coverage if nothing goes wrong it'll probably never go wrong. And by that time I'll be looking for another TV set :)

oharag

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I decided against the warranty when I bought my RPTV 16 months ago since it would have been well over 30% of the purchase price. If the warranty costs 10%-15% of the purchase price, I would have considered it.

8. oharag

oharag Extra

Patrick Sun, good point. I have to think about that!

oharag

9. Roy Van Nostrand

Roy Van Nostrand Stunt Coordinator

Roy Van Nostrand
    I'm enjoying the new TV ...this is quite the deal! Thanks for posting.

10. Bill Geiger

Bill Geiger Second Unit

Here is the link to the TV

11. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Is this set still on sale? Our CC just opened I have a family connection there...[​IMG]

12. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

CC web site shows $1849 - $250 rebate.

13. Dave_W

Dave_W Auditioning

Oh dude! you just missed the sale. I got mine (delievered past friday) for $1549.99 - $250 rebate and with $100 GC. Sweet deal! The TV is awesome btw!