What's new

Panasonic TU-HDS20 (1 Viewer)

BernieT

Auditioning
I am having problems with this receiver. Whenever I watch anything from DirecTV, the screen goes blank at unprectictable intervals. Standard Definition Local channels work fine. It can't be the cable line because my old Standard Definition receiver works fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Rick Nichols

Auditioning
Many, many people are having the drop out problem with the Panny TU-HDS20. I got mine in late Jan 2001 and just used it for OTA. When I got DirecTV 3 weeks ago the drop outs on HD-HBO were unaccepatable. The Dealer (Ken Cranes,a GREAT dealer by the way) exchanged it for another. It had the same problem. I then bought the Mits HDS-5 and no drop outs. Ken Cranes was gracious enough to refund the money on the Panny even though so much time had passed.
Panny is aware of this problem, talk to Stan at Panny service. but not much in the way of a resolution.
Also check the AVScience forum HDTV section and do a search on the Panny TU-HDS20. Lots of people with similar probs.

BernieT

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. After checking AVS, I at least know that it wasn't my unit alone that had problems. But that still begs the question, what will Panasonic do about it? Their Customer Service line isn't very helpful. Although I like DirecTV, I'm now thinking about defecting to AT&T Digital Cable because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks