What's new

Panasonic DVD-RP82 - Where can I find one? (1 Viewer)

Roy Mc

Auditioning
For my first DVD player I came here for wisdom. After following all the Panny DVD-RP82 posts, that seems to be the one to get. The problem though, is that many others were influenced by all those great threads also. I was just a bit too slow and cautious, and now there don't seem to be any on line. I live near Houston, so does anyone know what retail stores may carry the RP82? Thanks.

Roy

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the cp72, same machine but in a 5 disk changer, last week from Circuit City. They had several in stock I was told.

MikeS.

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Like Art said Ultimate Electronics is where I got mine a week ago and they had 7 in stock.

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
No Ultimate in H-Town. Fry's would be the only bet. The Ultimate in Plano had 8 left last week. There's a Fry's in Austin as well.

Mike Fenech

Agent
Patrick.

I'm here in SA (near the SuperTarget at 1604 and Blanco)....is there any local place to get an RP-82? I'll be in Dallas next week for the Cotton Bowl and will look for one at Ultimate Electronics, but I'd hate to find out it's defective after I get back home. Thanks.

Roy Mc

Auditioning
Patrick -Thanks for the tip on Fry's. I just returned with one of three they had left. I probably should have got them all for others here at HTF that may need one. Not quite as good a deal as Crutchfield, but at least I now have a DVD player that I feel comfortable with thanks to all the great information provided on this site. Fry's sold it for $229.
Many thanks to all for your suggestions.

Roy

Roy Mc

Auditioning
Patrick -

I just noticed where you live. An acquaintance/fellow musician by the name of Randy Johnson lives in Valverde. He is originally from here in Baytown. That's a fairly small community and since you country folks get to know everybody much more than in the bright lights, do you happen to know him?

Roy

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard of him. I have only lived here about 3 years. I'm from Houston originally. Let us know how you like the 82, I just sold my 72 (5-disc). I have a JVC 600 on the way, as I needed a player that would scale progressive material. Have fun, it has an awesome picture!

Tom Kindel

Auditioning
For what it's worth, the Fry's in Austin only had one display model of the RP82 on Saturday morning and the sales kid wouldn't make me a deal for it. Their computer says they have 3 in stock, but he said they were probably returns that haven't been fully processed yet. I also checked Best Buy and Circuit City with no luck. I may go back to Fry's tomorrow and try to talk with a manager or someone who'll be willing to try to make a sale. Otherwise I guess I'll have to hope they get a few more before they completely disappear.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
A lot of online sites are claiming they'll get more in six weeks or so, but I don't know if I should believe them.

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that stinks about Frys. I would be LEERY of a display model Panasonic. They just don't seem very sturdy. Not to mention, I'm betting that mirror finish must scratch easily.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Damn well i have called up a few places and all the same answer....discontinued. Most doubt getting in at a later date...same also for the cp-72. Well this sucks i want grr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks