What's new

Over fireplace mounting (1 Viewer)

MarcCh

Agent
I am geting ready to mount my new plasma over my mantle. My question first question: Is this easy??
Second how many inches above the mantle should I secure the mount, I have a panasonic TH-50PHD7UY?

Thanks in advance

Marc

Mark gas

Second Unit
I'm doing the exact same thing tomarrow. Your TV should be at least 4 to 6 inches from the mantle.

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
I'm considering doing the same. Yet when I look at how hign on the wall that would be, compared to the viewing height it is now. I wonder if I'll end up with a crick in my neck from having to look up at it.

Thoughts?

MarcCh

Agent
How do I go about calculating the height I should mount the bracket above the mantel. I don't want to screw this up. Please help.

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator
Just don't run the fireplace without a deflector shield sitting on the mantle to deflect the heat. Rising heat from a fireplace impacts a plasma TV, especially when on.

Good luck!!

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I have yet to understand why anyone would want to mount a display above a fireplace. That is way too high for optimal viewing IMHO, not to mention where would you put a center channel speaker? Must be the WAF. To each his own I guess.

-Dave

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The main reason for many people is because the fireplace is the central focus of the room and the prime spot for viewing. You can get an angled mount to angle the plasma down about 10-15 degrees so it's not as bad. I was planning on doing this in my new house that I just moved into last week. Speakers are easily handled by getting wall mounts and using small speakers.
After talking to a few installers, I decided not to do this because it was going to be more of a pain than I thought for my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks