What's new

Triad Nano LCR vs Paradigm 1SC vs Sonance SB46-75 (1 Viewer)

RumTex

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I am looking for thoughts and comments on these three LCR passive sound bars. We are designing a home theatre system in a new house that requires us to use a sound bar (its being mounted over a fireplace and the fireplace is surrounded by windows) and I have narrowed down our choices to these three based completely on asthetics -- these three are all incredibly thin - less than 2" and all will match up with the width and look of the 77" gallery LG OLED G1 TV. Based on looks, they all look great and will please the mrs as far as looking like art and not a giant TV in the living room. All three are all around the same high-dollar price. So really looking for thoughts on sound, quality, etc.

We are also installing Monitor Audio in the ceiling for surrounds and a Monitor audio sub that is hooked up to a Marantz SR5015.

Many Thanks!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome RT. I doubt you are going to get many responses here and certainly none that are personally experienced with those three head to head. I’m gonna give it to you straight: EVERY room has compromises but buying audio gear based on aesthetics is like picking a car solely on its MPG. It’s a choice but it is not guaranteed to be a satisfying one.

The price is no promise of quality either. I’ve reviewed 2-3 Atmos soundbars and I’d say they are universally overpriced and adequate at best for immersion.

I trust Paradigm to make good gear but have no experience with the others. Mixing in other brand surrounds wouldn’t be my first suggestion either and a random leftover sub is better than no sub but still not as good as a quality sub from someone who specializes in them. Monitor is not the brand I’d jump at for that duty but maybe they have some chops there I’m not aware of.

Also: over fireplace is bad. Really bad. If you MUST do it, get a mount that pulls down.

See www.Reddit.com/r/tvtoohigh for why this is a bad idea.

We get it. You are excited to start your new theater but have a room that is not well suited for it. As I said, every room has compromises, but you are starting off with at least 4 stumbles. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks