What's new

Outlook and Email Stationary? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been a big user of PocoMail for all my email
needs, but I am growing tired of it.

I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed in my
system that features Outlook.

Can I create my own business email stationary
complete with our logo and address in the header?
How exactly is that done?

Also, are there any good programs or sites with
stationary I can use for all occasions?

I'm totally new to Outlook so any help that you
can provide would be appreciated.

Bob_Bo

Agent
Heya Ron,

You'll have no problem creating or using stationery in Outlook.

To enable stationery in Outlook you'll need to have HTML enabled. To do this go to TOOLS-->OPTIONS-->MAIL FORMAT. Then click on the use HTML button where is says "Send in this Message Format.

You can then click on the "Stationery Picker" on the same screen and select new or an existing stationery you've saved.

You should be able to make up some stationery using Word and select it as a template.

The Help feature is pretty good with Outlook and will walk you through the process if you run into trouble.

I'd check out the offered templates at http://office.microsoft.com/. Pretty good selection to get you started.

Just a quick disclaimer. Using HTML in mail messages adds a bunch of overhead and not all recipients may be able to view the message as planned. If you're ok with that, then go for it. Another option would be to use a signature file, as the bottom of each outgoing email.

Cheers

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ron,
I suggest checking with your most important recipients to make sure they see what you intended. I use Outlook 97 at home and HTML email often appears as a blank email with an HTML file attached. I then have to load that HTML file to read the message. Any included images are also attachments which I have to load separately to view.

Other times I get a generic text version of the message (no formatting) and the HTML attachment. Either way, it's annoying and the sender's hard work is lost on me.

Here at work, I use Lotus Notes and HTML email maintains some but not all of its formatting.

So maybe I'm woefully out of date. Hopefully your correspondants can read HTML email.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Well, a lot of of people CAN receive HTML emails, but prefer NOT to and have disabled it in their settings. There are plenty of security risks related to HTML emails, ESPECIALLY with Outlook.

-Christian

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
If you really need to send something that has tons of formatting, send either a PDF file or a zipped word document, is my opinion.

HTML mail is evil. In the vast majority of cases, nobody cares about how you format e-mail; the text content is what people are after. Also, of all the people out there, one in ten has any style sense anyway... for the rest of them you get funky colors, weird/large fonts and the like. Who needs it, or indeed wants it? Email should be fast, simple and plain.

Even for those who don't mind HTML mail, the document is huge compared to plain text, which is wasteful of bandwidth.

No, stick to plain ASCII and attach any documents with formatting.

My opinion only, of course. Personally, even though I have to run Outlook at work, I installed a COM addon to Outlook that converts any incoming HTML mail to plaintext. Not only do I get rid of formatting, it gets rid of potential web bugs and other nastiness that may be in HTML mails.

Tom Grooms

Second Unit
I love Outlook 2003, it was a huge upgrade over Office XP. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks