What's new

Outlaw 950, take three... (1 Viewer)

Mike Gl

Stunt Coordinator
I received my "red dot" replacement 950 on 9/6. The unit looked as new as my original when it was received. My initial listening to the replacement 950 on a few of my favorite DVDs indicated a better signal to noise level that translated into cleaner sound and more intelligible dialog at low volume levels. Hiss level appears lower, but hiss was not entirely eliminated.

On "Diana Krall Live in Paris" a side comment directed to another band member was more audible. On "Lord of the Rings" some of the dialog was easier to discern over the music and LFE.

In all, I am happy with my decision to seek a replacement and am pleased with Outlaw Audio's efforts to address the problem. Many companies would have discounted the problem publicly and continued shipments, while quietly offering those who were most persistent in their complaints a discount on a repair or replacement. As a former owner of the Panasonic A310 DVD player, I have first hand experience with such practices.

For those still awaiting their 950, my recommendation is to hang in there a little longer. It appears Outlaw Audio now has the bugs out, is ready to ship in volume and the 950 will at last realize its potential.

Mike

Thomas J. Coyle III

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys:
Do you know of any Japanese hi-fi manufacturer who will warrant their products for five (5) years? Also, do you remember the problem that Sony had with their second generation DVD players when the sound and video did not sink? Well, unless you went to Sony and got all over them to fix the problem, they were not going to do anything about it. So when it comes to an American company that is trying to put out a quality product and they run into some minor problems but are willing to do their best to turn things around, I think that we need to cut them a little slack. I do not own any of the Outlaw products, but I have been suitably impressed with their performance to price ratio compared to other manufacturers' products and they have received fairly good reviews for the time they have been in business. I currently own a Yamaha RX-V3200 which will go to the bedroom home theater when I upgrade to a 950/770 combo. It is nice to be able to buy American for a change. Also, if you think that the big Aerospace Corporations put out a quality product the first time a system goes out the door, think again.
Regards,
TCIII

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks