What's new

Outlaw 950 rears setup and questions (1 Viewer)

Robert Ma

Second Unit
I am looking into picking up an Outlaw 950 very soon and have some questions if some would help.

1. I have a 5.1 system now with dipoles in the rear. I love the sound they produce and do not want to switch them out. I have a small room so 7.1 is too much for me but can I add a rear center for 6.1? The rear of the 950 doesnt have a rear center output.

Heres a pick of the back of my room: http://users.erols.com/rmahle/theate...s/4_seats1.htm I would like to just add it right in the middle of the back some day.

2. I use my preamp to video switch S-Video currently and possible upgrade to a Hi-Def some day. Can anyone comment on the video quality of the 950?

3. Anyone have one near Allentown, PA - Central NJ that would have me over for a demo?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Robert,
1. Yes, you use either the right or left rear surround output but I can't remember which it is. Its in the manual.
2. I have had no issues with the video capabilities of the 950, and I use a projector so it should be more obvious on a bigger screen. I use the 950 to switch s-video for my vcr and dish and I use the component switching for my dvd player and hdtv receiver.
3. Sorry, can't help you there.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Thanks Jed,

This really is looking like the piece for me and $799 new I don't think I can beat it. I'd love to try a rotel but I dont have $1400...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks