What's new

Outdoor Speakers (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for some outdoor speakers that sound good. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a pair?

TIA;)

I am using some bookshelf Axiom M3Ti's, but they are not full-time outdoor speakers. I live in Calif. so I have the ability to take them down prior to winter rain. I have had no problem with moisture or bugs getting into the rear port. They kick butt over what my neighbors have and the bass is loud and deep.

If you don't want to take the risk I heard speakercraft are some of the best since they offer a life time warranty. From what I heard outdoor speakers only last 7-10 years and then need to be replaced? Good luck.

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have no idea what you would like to spend, but I have a pair of Boston Acoustics Voyager Pros. They have been outside for 3 years now and sound great. Everyone who comes over remarks how well the speakers sound.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
These are two posts I made in another thread that asked the same question this past week.

I just bought some JBL S36AWII's from B&H Photo for $249 with free shipping (they retail $499)for my father and although he is no audiophile he was blown away by how good they sound.

They are for his outdoor bar, pool area too and he couldnt be more happy.

I looked at some of the higher end rock speakers and thought they were a rip-off
__________________________________________________ ___________

These Polk atrium 55's are also supposed to be very good outdoor speakers, and this is a GREAT price for them at only $179 I found on ebay for you (they retail for $329 and sell for like $250+ most other places):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Oh as far as how long outdoors speakers last, those Polk atriums are supposedly built like little tanks and meet Marine & military standards or something like that. My father is going to just leave his JBL's out all spring summer and fall and take them inside for the winter. And they are also under his deck and not exposed to direct sunlight, so they should last a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks