oritron dvd-100 repair?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Oleski, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Darren Oleski

I am one of the many people who bought this lemon. I've had it for a couple of years now and it pretty much has never worked...but I am having a hard time tossing it.

Does anyone know of a viable repair for this unit? Is there something that I can do on my own?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Darren, if we don't know what problems you're experiencing there's not much we can suggest. Given how cheap the unit was, you might as well replace it with an inexpensive player from a reputable manufacturer.

3. Darren Oleski

Jack -

I am sorry...I thought that the history of this unit was well documented.

It just does not work. You press the power button, it turns on, and then it does not respond to the pushing of any of its on-board buttons or on its remote.

I have a couple of Toshibas that I use on a regular basis. I am not looking for a replacement. I was just hoping that I could give it the old college try at repairing it before throwing it away.

Thanks.

4. RayJK

RayJK Stunt Coordinator

I gave it a try but without the schematics it is pretty hard. Maybe if you had a working one so to do side by side measurements you might figure it out. I sold mine for parts ....got a whole $5 [​IMG]