What's new

oritron dvd-100 repair? (1 Viewer)

I am one of the many people who bought this lemon. I've had it for a couple of years now and it pretty much has never worked...but I am having a hard time tossing it.

Does anyone know of a viable repair for this unit? Is there something that I can do on my own?

Thanks in advance!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Darren, if we don't know what problems you're experiencing there's not much we can suggest. Given how cheap the unit was, you might as well replace it with an inexpensive player from a reputable manufacturer.

Jack -

I am sorry...I thought that the history of this unit was well documented.

It just does not work. You press the power button, it turns on, and then it does not respond to the pushing of any of its on-board buttons or on its remote.

I have a couple of Toshibas that I use on a regular basis. I am not looking for a replacement. I was just hoping that I could give it the old college try at repairing it before throwing it away.

Thanks.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
I gave it a try but without the schematics it is pretty hard. Maybe if you had a working one so to do side by side measurements you might figure it out. I sold mine for parts ....got a whole $5 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks