Ordered the Onkyo 898...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Chiappini, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Paul Chiappini

Paul Chiappini Stunt Coordinator

I ordered the Onkyo 898 from Oade Bros. last Friday. It should be here Thursday. I'll post a review when I've had time to put it through its paces.
    They just got their first shipment Friday when I placed the order. Contact [email protected] if you want more info. He was helpful and is an authorized dealer. I've dealt with him before a few years ago when I ordered a Sony 333ES.
    I was asked not to post the price, so contact him directly. It was the best price I found.

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

I bought my 989 from them last year, great transaction, great to deal with. No problems ordering my upgrade from Onkyo earlier this year(you had to enter the serial # of the receiver on the website before Onkyo would let you order it).

3. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

Paul,
    What made you go for the 898? I am still debating between the 898 and the 3802.

4. Brett Z

Brett Z Auditioning

I'm looking forward to your review of the 898. I'm considering this or the Denon 3802. I'm just a leary of Onyko quality vs Denon. It seems though a lot of people like Onkyo.
    Brett