What's new
World Wide Stereo

Opinions on Stryke S1-B or S1-MTM (1 Viewer)

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings!

I am awaiting a test listen of some GR Research AV-2s that Danny has graciously allowed me to demo. Based on all the comments here and in other forums, they appear wonderfully suited to my needs of 50/50 Music/HT as R and L front speakers (Av-1s for the rears).

However, I am still investigating other kits and stumbled upon 2 bookshelf offerings from Stryke Audio (name changing, better know for Subs), the S1-B and S1-MTM. Does anyone have any experience building and/or listening to these speakers? If so, please give your impressions and feedback, and if possible, compare to AV line from GR.

Thanks.

Mark

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Hey Mark,
Where in FL are you? I'm in Gainesville. I have built my own variants of both. (see my Link Removed) I wanted to try the new XO but sold them to a buddy before I got a chance. Still might talk him into it though :)
I will say for the $$$ they are great speakers. Very impressed with the bass. Very strong & solid. Upper-end detail I would say was a so-so but what can you expect from a $7 tweeter.
Danny's stuff on the other hand had great detail but weak in the bass department.
Basically you can save a few $$$ & give up detail for bass or spend a little more & get better detail for less bass.
Hope that helps :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Chris:

I am located in Tampa. Am currently auditioning the AV-2s from GR Research, and I find them to be highly detailed with lots of warmth. They make my Missions sound skinny and harsh in the upper end. the AV-2s even have more bass than the Missions.

I have been reading in other forums, and have learned that in addition to a new XO, Stryke will offer a better tweeter for more money, to address the issue you mentioned. This may be worth investigating...hopefully others will give their input.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks