What's new

Onscreen logo petition! (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
In all due respect, this practice will not change These logos came about because of all the unauthorized use of copyrighted programs, particularly news, by individuals and institutions. Unfortunately, in my opinion, there is a current lack of respect for copyright laws and intellectual property in this country. My opinion.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
In some instances that's partially true. The MAIN reason for the bugs is ratings diaries and recognition. The thinking is..with SO many channels on cable and satellite, one station is confused with another. SOOO..they put the bugs on screen to "help" us find said channels as well as note the RIGHT programer in ratings diaries.

The added annoyance of "promos" scrolling into the screen RIGHT after a commercial break should be eliminated as well.

In terms of news footage...aside from material from another nation's TV service (i.e. Italy=RPT} footage fed raw is absent any logo or marking. That is done during broadcast...so if anyone wants to snag footage..it's there on sat without identification.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I caught some of the Oscars and saw there was NO ABC logo onscreen. If I had known that I would've planned to watch all of it!

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I caught some of the Oscar show and noticed the ABC bug was missing too. Somebody, somewhere, did the right thing for a change.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Most newer Televisions, Satellite systems, Digital Cable and Tivo devices have a channel label and TV grid to identify programming and station identification. Why do we need the bugs?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Because people like my my parents and in-laws don't have systems that will display programming and station identifications.

Most new cars have digital radio tuners...how come the radio station djs are always identifying themselves every other word?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's what I'm waiting for- radio stations playing station ID's on a continuous loop during the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks