What's new

Onkyo SKS-HT520 Silver Any Good? (1 Viewer)

MichealHebert

Auditioning
I have increased my budget a little and have decided to consider the following speaker set. I only have a 5.1 reciever, but I would forgo the extra speaker due to the price. Vann's.com has this silver set on sale for $210 from $280. Including shipping and tax. Here are the specs:

Max Power: 100 Watts (Front, Surround and Center Speakers)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm
(2) 2-Way Bass Reflex Front Speakers (5 1/4" Cone x 2, 1" Balanced Dome Tweeter)
(3) 2-Way Bass Reflex Surround Speakers (4" Cone, 1" Balanced Dome Tweeter)
(1) 2-Way Bass Reflex Center Speaker (4" OMF Cone x 2, 1" Balanced Dome Tweeter)
150 Watt Powered Subwoofer (10" Cone Woofer)
High-Density Cabinets
Color-Coded Terminal Posts
Frequency Response: 55Hz-50kHz (Front Speakers), 60Hz-50kHz (Surround and Center)
Frequency Response: 25Hz-150Hz (Subwoofer)
12.1 lbs. (Front Speakers)
7 7/16" x 16 1/2" x 9 5/16" (Front Speakers)
3.7 lbs. (Surround Speakers)
6 7/8" x 10 7/16" x 4 15/16" (Surround Speakers)
8.2 lbs. (Center Speaker)
15 1/4" x 6 3/16" x 7 15/16" (Center Speaker)
30 lbs. (Subwoofer)
10 13/16" x 20 3/8" x 16 3/16" (Subwoofer)

I currently have the following:

The speakers are DCM16S bookshelf for left/right (5-1/2" driver with tweeter), and KLH HT-300BW for center channel and surrounds (4-1/2" drivers with tweeter, two drivers for center channel). I don't have a subwoofer.

Are their any suggestions.

Brandon>C

Agent
I just purchase the same setup you are looking(great price by the way) for being my first suround sound system and not trying to invest too much into it until i learn more, its been a great HTIB. The only thing i would recomend is using some other speaker wire as the stuff that comes with the system is alittle thin for me.

If you have anymore questions about the system or would like me to try something out for you let me know.

MichealHebert

Auditioning
Thanks for the responce. I gave it some thought and read a ton of really great reviews of this system and decided to go with the Onkyo's. I know about the cheap speaker wire and I already have 12gage wire ready to go. I am really excited about this set. For the incredable price of 210 including shipping and tax, you can't ask for more. I will post my opinion about the set when I get it...

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, im interested in that product as well. I just have a few qustions for you guys. Are there any major flaws that you have noticed? How is the sub? What do you have powering it?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks