What's new

One Crazy Summer, finally!!!! (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Sweet! First, Better Off Dead and now One Crazy Summer. And it's WB which usually does a respectable job with catalog titles. I mean, it can't look worse than the transfer Paramount did for Better Off Dead, right? The only downside is both discs are completely barebones.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I love "How I Got Into College"
It's been a long time since I've seen OCS.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Roses are red, violets are blue and love will have nothing to do with you!"

Excellent! I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Bobcat Goldthwait in a Godzilla outfit!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I just had a dream about this movie last night, and I'm not even a big fan. Guess it meant something after all.

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
and I just recently made a DVD-R of my VHS (never was released letterboxed on LD) of One Crazy Summer. i had given up hope for this comedy gem!

"Let me tell you a story about a little fat boy that nobody liked..."

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Just got this one in the mail today, and to my surprise the disc has an audio commentary with director Savage Steve Holland, Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds), and Bobcat Goldthwait.
Thank you, Warner Bros, for doing something as simple as this, that not even Paramount had enough care to do. :)

James L White

Supporting Actor
Walt, if you've watched the discalready how is the a/v? I can't find reviews anywhere, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from DDD.com

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
the disc has an audio commentary with director Savage Steve Holland, Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds), and Bobcat Goldthwait.
Now I HAVE to get this. I wish that Holland and John Cusack had done a commentary for Better Off Dead. I can't wait for this now.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Now I HAVE to get this. I wish that Holland and John Cusack had done a commentary for Better Off Dead. I can't wait for this now.
I think that comes down to studios. Paramount has "Better Off Dead" and, as usual, it was bare-bones. This DVD pretty much demonstrates that at least S.S.H. would have done a commentary if asked, but I'm sure no one at Paramount bothered with that. :angry:

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Heads up on this one-may not have shipped in good quantities.
I purchased the only copy on the shelf this morning at Best Buy. There were no gaps so this was the only one put out. They may have had more unstocked, but I'm not sure. Also, same deal with Sibling Rivalry from MGM-only 1 copy out.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Watching it right now. So far the video looks okay. Not great, but I've certainly seen worse transfers. Better than Paramount's Better Off Dead transfer, in my opinion.

Is it just me or is Paramount getting worse? No trailers on the Brady movies or anything.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Is it just me or is Paramount getting worse?
Nah, they've always been this bad when it comes to supplements. Unless of course it's a classic like Jackass the Movie or Crossroads, then they give it the full blown SE treatment. But at least they FINALLY jumped on the DTS bandwagon, so there's one area where they've got an edge on WB.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I think that the resignation of Eric Doctorow (and arrival of Tom Lesinski) is going to open the door to more extras, lower prices, and more use of DTS (Doctorow seemed to have something against all three; for example, James Cameron had to fight to get the Titanic DTS LD made, and when he succeeded, it was a Lightstorm/Image disc, with zero involvement from Paramount)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks