What's new

On The Waterfront - still coming 10/23? (1 Viewer)

Chris Richard

Auditioning
I didn't see it advertised in any of Sunday's ads. Is it still going to be in stores tomorrow?
I haven't seen much buzz on this film. Are most people unexcited about this classic?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Mine has been shipped as well.
Jeffrey Wells at reel.com looked at this disc last week and raved about it. Looks like a winner.
------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen much buzz on this film. Are most people unexcited about this classic?
I was surprised about this too. I posted another thread about this couple of days ago, but did not get too many responses.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/031595.html
I think this is one of the greatest movies of all time, and from the one review I was able to find, it seems that the extras are lacking on this so called special edition.
http://www.classicsondvd.com/waterf.htm
I am expecting my copy in the mail today.

DevinM

Auditioning
I was wondering that myself...I'm headed out to a b&m tomorrow to pick up holy grail and this (hopefully).
I can't wait!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I received my copy today from an online retailer but haven't had time to watch it yet.
M.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I got On the Waterfront and From Here to Eternity in the mail today. While Eternity has a lot of print damage (white specks and scratches), Waterfront has a nice and clean transfer for most part. The special edition content was disappointing on both titles, but I guess Columbia did their best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks