What's new

On The Lot - Season One Thread (2 Viewers)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Just be prepared to answer the question of why you're watching the show at a viewing distance of 3" next Tuesday.

"Scientific research!"

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
OK, seriously, how the hell is Sam still in this competition? Is this a Sanjaya type scenario where he's being voted for as a goof because there's no way he deserved to be in the final four(especially ahead of Zack).

Having said that, I think Adam and Will are in a dead heat to win this thing. I thought Adam's short was by far the best film of the night, but overall I think Will is right there with him. As long as it's one of those two I'll be satisfied as Jason is a step below them IMO and Sam isn't even on the radar screen.

Wow, I managed to go an entire post without mentioning Adrianna's cleavage............DAMN! :D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I haven't commented on the last couple weeks but I think this snapshot from tonight is pretty much all that needs to be said.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well guys, I am officially out of here. It has been great!

As I sat and watched Adrianna at the start of the show contemplate
the votes between Zack and Sam I kept saying
"Sam....Sam....Sam". Obviously, outside of Jason's poor
entry this past week, Sam was the choice to go home.

When Adrianna announced Zack, I nearly lost it.

In fact, I immediately hit the DELETE button on my Tivo remote to
erase the show, turned off the TV, and now here I am.

How the hell does Zack, the most blatantly talented director of
the entire group go home?! This show has become completely
worthless to me. Even Adrianna's cleavage can't entice me to watch
the rest of this season.

Game Over, Man! This show just hit rock bottom for me. I'm
punching out!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ron, I completely understand. Zach was the most talented from a visual standpoint, but his last two films really didn't do a whole lot for me. As part of a bigger story, they might have worked. But both parts were just excuses to do more special effects. They were too "insider-y" for the average person, even though they referenced popular movies. Zach knew part I was a bomb yet went ahead and made a sequel. It's his fault, no one else's.

I was really, really blown away by Adam's movie. It was a neat little twist no one saw coming, though we all should have. "Army Guy" combined effects, stunts, doubles and a very specific production design to achieve what it sent out to do.

This has to be a horserace between Will and Adam right now. Will tends to go for quirky material and makes it work. I would hope Jason is the third to move forward because he's really done outstanding work recently.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think the underlying aspect of this show that is both completely baffling as well as undermining to the entire premise is that it seems the directors also write the script.

I know this has been pointed out before, and I also know many directors write at least some if not all of the scripts they work on, but a great many also simply direct.

It's quite simply illogical that Zach was eliminated.

I actually think Adam's movie this week was one of the best, along with Will's, however that doesn't diminish that fact that Zach should still be there.

Also, the fact that Canadians can't vote for contestants is pretty aweful, as Zach was missing out on that all-too-crucial element of reality vote off shows: regional voting.

Simply illogical...

cheers!

Josh

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am also very shocked that Zach was sent home but I am sure it wont take long for him to get some job offers.

I think the same think happened to him that happens on American Idol. People assume a person is safe, so they vote for their next choice.

As for last night's shorts. I liked them all, but Will's was my favorite. The main actor did a great job. It was funny throughout. It had a style to it but the style was not over the top.

The Army Guy short was also very good, but I actually figured it out very quickly so I wasn't as surprised. They gave away too much in the interview with the director before they showed it. They shouldn't have shown us the head coming off in the interview. After I saw that, I knew what was up with the short. I found I was just waiting for the reveal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
An elimination shocker! Zach went home (but this didn't really surprise me as you are only as good as your last effort on most of these call-in-vote reality shows), and we were left with Will, Sam, Jason, and Adam.

Sam - just didn't hit the right balance in tone between "Saw" and "9-to-5".

Will - the sucking up to the boss in drag was cute.

Jason - didn't do much for me, bad pay-off to a revenge-gone-awry tale.

Adam - conceptually the best one, the execution sagged in the middle, script-wise.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I almost stopped watching right after that too, Ron. I decided to stick with it since I'm this far into the show, though. Honestly, if I had it to do all over again, I don't think I'd even bother watching this thing as it's one of the most poorly done reality shows I've ever seen. I still can't believe that this is a production with the names Spielberg and Burnett attatched to it.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I wasn't surprised Zach left last night. He made a sequel to a clunker that nearly got him canned the week before.

Sam is once again on shaky ground and should pack his bags in advance. His entry was entertaining for the first 15 seconds or so then went down the tubes quickly.

Will and Adam are a toss-up for the win. Jason, although talented, would not be a good fit in Hollywood with his hillbilly gangsta schtick.

I agree that Adam's concept was exposed in the background bit. It was OK but the best part was the kid telling his sister to quit dressing his action figure in girlie clothes. The lack of genitals was a good kicker but was somewhat downplayed. Will got the best performances out of his actors - great lead.

Oh and BTW - my wife says if Adrianna's had an "enhancement" it's a damn good job. Of course I agree with my wife ;)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's really a shame that Will's gonna end up winning purely on the "Aww, kids" vote. Because although his movies have been good, none of them have ever blew me away. Either that or Jason wins because people are still voting for him to spite the judges for overreacting to "Getta Rhoom."

It's great to see Adam getting credit, I've considered him the strongest one from pretty early on and he's by far the most consistent.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Has there been any confirmation that the contestants are writing the scripts? Do they have any writing help?

Army Guy was cute, but I figured it out *instantly*, which rendered it just cute.

I only saw the first half of the first film, so I don't know how it turned out.

The Saw/ 9-5 short was just OK. Too obvious.

Jason's was silly, but I LOVED the Looney Tunes ending (including the Rossini).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Did Sam give up or what? First he says that he not in the running for the grand prize and that he and Adam are fighting for third, and then he serves up warmed over crap whose biggest offense was that it was so predictable and obvious. You knew exactly what was going to happen next, and that's just not going to cut it.

Well, Zach was in the bottom two the week before, so that should have tipped him off to not make the sequel. So the blame for his ouster lies clearly on his shoulders.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

True, but the sequel was actually a much better film than the first one so I don't think he deserved to go home based on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks