What's new

On my roof and ready to throw Satellite dish. (1 Viewer)

MikeRa

Auditioning
Has anyone experimented with different video connections (i.e. s-video, composite, and component) on their satellite RPTV hookup? I am using s-video via monster M1000 cable with the Mits HD satellite receiver going to my Pioneer 710. The picture is terrible, while the HD image (CBS, PBS, and HBO) is clear, standard satellite reception stinks. I will try to describe the image as a shadow that is extremely noticeable on the faces of people. I realize that not all stations are equal and some may look better than others may but I am not satisfied with what I see. Does anyone else feel this way? As a sanity check I needed to watch a DVD as to erase the satellite image from my mind. I am very close to using my Pioneer setup for movies only but that too is a bit extreme. Any help on experiences with satellite and clear picture would be appreciated. By the way is there a satellite receiver out there that has component output for 480i? Thanks all.

Brian Mello

Stunt Coordinator
I own the DST-3000 and I really think its the box that has something to do with the poor picture quality. I originally had Cable TV going through the box but it was unwatchable. I decided to run it directly into the back of my TV and it looked 100% better. Some 480i Satellite channels through S-Video look much better than upconverted 1080i through Componet. However, they are all still lacking in my opinion. My next step is to pull out my old Sony A-4 receiver and hook it up to see what Satellite looks like. I've never had this receiever hooked up to my new HDTV. I can't complain about the DST-3000 performance when it comes to DTV/HD content.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks