What's new
World Wide Stereo

Oldies but goodies...... (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Julian, perhaps the A1 share the same problem with the V1.... there are some internal contacts which "ride" on the main pre-outs when using the on board amps.... The was a thread some years back that I just happen to catch that lead me to the treatment and cure.... using a male rca, simply plug it and out, into the preout of the channel you are having dropouts with, thereby kinda cleaning the contact surface. An even better solution is simply using some short rca cables to jump from the main preouts into the main inputs, which is what I did and I haven't had a problem since. Hope this info helps.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
Wayne -- whoa... that reminded me... how could I have forgotten! There's a Sansui R-7 sitting in the guest room down the hall that still works just fine thank you, despite its circa 1979 manufacture date!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks