What's new

Marantz SR7000 or SR5003 (1 Viewer)

giselle

Auditioning
Real Name
giselle
So I'm looking at some options and am having difficulty in comparing older units with newer ones.

Given the choice, would the SR7000 still be better than the new mid-range 5003? Should one stick with the oldie-but-goodie... or else go for the newer 5003 that has HDMI and might last longer?

I'm totally new to this, but a big believer in investing in decent equipment rather than cheap, new stuff that doesn't last. Your input and advice would be invaluable to me here.

Thanks!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
There's nothing wrong with vintage equipment. I have a 6-7 year old H/K 520 and a Pioneer 59txi, but a newer receiver has many features an older one won't have. For almost everyone I'd suggest a new one over an old one. But a quality used avr can be a heck-uv-a bargain under certain circumstances. I bought the 59 for it's i-Link connection and I' really like the H/K so I'm keeping it for now. I'm sure I'm missing out by not having access to the latest bells and whistles but for now, I'm quite content with what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks