What's new

OK, ready to take the plunge... (1 Viewer)

Gregg_C

Grip
I have a H/K AVR-110 with the Sony WM40, and Cambridge Ensemble II, Center Plus and Surround II's. I also have a Samsung 909 DVD player.

I want to upgrade the DVD and speakers, and I am considering the JBL N series, along with the Pannie CP72.

Cost is the definite factor here; wife does not see the value in a nice HT setup. I've seen other posts about the N series available for 250 bucks, but have not found that deal online anywhere.

So first, would the N series be a huge step up from the Cambridges? And how about the DVD player? And second, is that packaged N series deal better than the Cambridges? And where could I find a link to buy them?

Thanks!

Gregg

Gregg_C

Grip
OK, I see that the NSP-1 is 209.99 or the NSP-1-II is 269.00. Would this setup be significantly better than my Ensemble II, Center Plus and Surround II setup?

Thanks!

Gregg

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Designed using technologies employed in JBL's professional recording studio monitors, the Northridge Series sets a new price/performance benchmark and makes high-quality JBL sound more affordable than ever before.
**For more JBL N-Series Speaker INFO & Reviews w/links, see my web page Why you should add JBL N & S Series to your audition list!.
NOTE: Because my website is 'FREE', hosted by GeoCities, if too many HT enthusiasts visit, GeoCities will shut it down for an hour or so because it exceeded the specified 'freebie' Data Transfer Rate. Sorry about that, just bookmark it and visit my site an hour later or when everyone has gone to bed!
Phil

Gregg_C

Grip
OK, one more time then:

1. Would you recommend the NSP-1II over the NSP-1? What are the major differences?

2. I have the Sony SA-WM40, which everyone says is an excellent sub for the price. Don't need to replace?

3. What about the Pannie DVD over the Samsung? Big diff?

Thanks!

Gregg

RichardH

Supporting Actor
I'm not familiar w/ those models of DVD players. What are you trying to improve by getting the Panny (please spell it this way :D ) over the Samsung?
As far as the new version of the NSP-1, I would just go for it. You'll kick yourself later if you don't :D
And yeah, that sub is good. I would hold onto that. Especially since you're on a budget. The difference in price between the 2 NSP-1 sets is not going to buy you a better sub.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
3. What about the Pannie DVD over the Samsung? Big diff?
Not to familiar with the Samsung (maybe someone else can comment on it), but I've used a few Panasonic DVD player(s) - since 1998 and have been extremely happly with it's ability to play my all DVD's.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks