OK, ready to take the plunge...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg_C, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Gregg_C

Gregg_C Extra

I have a H/K AVR-110 with the Sony WM40, and Cambridge Ensemble II, Center Plus and Surround II's. I also have a Samsung 909 DVD player.

I want to upgrade the DVD and speakers, and I am considering the JBL N series, along with the Pannie CP72.

Cost is the definite factor here; wife does not see the value in a nice HT setup. I've seen other posts about the N series available for 250 bucks, but have not found that deal online anywhere.

So first, would the N series be a huge step up from the Cambridges? And how about the DVD player? And second, is that packaged N series deal better than the Cambridges? And where could I find a link to buy them?

Thanks!

Gregg

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

For the N series, try www.etronics.com. Look for the NSP1 set.
    I think they have been on this site.

3. Gregg_C

Gregg_C Extra

OK, I see that the NSP-1 is 209.99 or the NSP-1-II is 269.00. Would this setup be significantly better than my Ensemble II, Center Plus and Surround II setup?

Thanks!

Gregg

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

5. Gregg_C

Gregg_C Extra

OK, one more time then:

1. Would you recommend the NSP-1II over the NSP-1? What are the major differences?

2. I have the Sony SA-WM40, which everyone says is an excellent sub for the price. Don't need to replace?

3. What about the Pannie DVD over the Samsung? Big diff?

Thanks!

Gregg

6. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

I'm not familiar w/ those models of DVD players. What are you trying to improve by getting the Panny (please spell it this way [​IMG] ) over the Samsung?
    As far as the new version of the NSP-1, I would just go for it. You'll kick yourself later if you don't [​IMG]
    And yeah, that sub is good. I would hold onto that. Especially since you're on a budget. The difference in price between the 2 NSP-1 sets is not going to buy you a better sub.

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter