What's new

Ok, Fans of goofy C. Heston Sci-Fi / disaster movies come forward! (1 Viewer)

DEAN DE FURIA

Stunt Coordinator
Well, after almost two years of looking, I finally snagged a widescreen laserdisc copy of "Soylent Green". Looks pretty good. Who else likes this stuff? You know, "Omega Man", "Planet of the Apes", "earthquake" etc. Mr. Heston was creating his own genre back then. Anyone?

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Count me in. I like Chuck Hestons movies. I'm waiting patiently (well, sort of) for Omega Man to be released on DVD. Saw Soylent Green on Turner Classic Movies just the other day. First time in a real long time that I saw that one. Gray Lady Down is another of his movies that I like, but that hasn't received much attention.

ScottL

Agent
Count me in. Still waiting for Omega Man. Last year they played it on New Years Eve on AMC. Looks like they aren't this year.

Scott

Tim RH

Second Unit
Me too! I'm a big Chuck fan. Planet of the Apes especially; I also enjoy him in biblical epics like BEN-HUR.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I loved all those Chuck Heston 70's disaster films, Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, The Swarm etc, pure fun they were, heroic Chuck was always saving people from burning buildings, sinking airplanes, monkeys or mutants, he was greet mon!:D
ps. Ok ok just messing, my favorite of Chuck's 70's output was 'The Omega Man', I love that film, based on one of my favorite novels 'I am Legend' by Richard Matheson, which they keep threatening to remake with Arnie or some flavor of the month, incidentally the mutants in the book were actually vampires.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I haven't watched em all, but Soylent Green Widescreen laser? Thats really cool. Right up there with THX 1138! Ok, different actors, but you know what I mean :)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I currently have POTA with Heston and will buy Soylent Green and Omega Man when they're released.

Grey Lady Down only seems to be on Goodtimes DVD's and as P&S. Were it widescreen, I'd buy it.

A week ago, I was bidding on a Soylent Green widescreen LD on Ebay. Missed out though and it sold for the not surprising price of almost $50.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
The Omega Man is my Zardoz.

Warner has announced and then cancelled this title more times then I can remember. The transfer is most likely done, as well as the documentary that was supposed to go along with the disc. I just really hope this is not being held up for political reasons.

J

DEAN DE FURIA

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, it would be great to have all of these on DVD. I have "Omega Man" on widescreen laser I bought for $1.00(!) a year ago at a flea market! The lady selling it thought it was an LP. I evened out the cost of "Soylent Green" with that purchase!

Merry Christmas to all!

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure that Gray lady Down is P&S? I have a copy of The Warlord (another great Chuck Heston film by the way) from Goodtimes and while it was advertised as P&S it actually came out as widescreen. I thought that I heard the same about GLD, but may be wrong.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Count me in for Soylent Green and Omega Man, but I wouldn't describe these or POTA as goofy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure that Gray lady Down is P&S?
Yes, dammit.
Unfortunately that's a title I bought cheap and got home before I realized it was MAR. Still enjoyable to watch one time, esp. for $6.99...but I'd re-buy at $20-ish just to have OAR.
Since the subject is Chucky Heston, here's the DVD's I have for him for any role whatsoever:
  • Ten Commandments
    Ben-Hur
    Planet of the Apes
    Beneath the Planet of the Apes
    Three Musketeers
    Airport '75
    Earthquake
    Midway
    Gray Lady Down
    Wayne's World 2
    Tombstone
    True Lies
    In the Mouth of Madness
    Disney's Hercules
    Armageddon
    Behind the Planet of the Apes
    Cats & Dogs
Whew. Dude's been around! If Omega Man or Solyent Green ever show up on DVD, I'd snag 'em sooner or later. OM's been rumored for, what, two-three years now?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I love Soylent Green. I will definitely be in line for that bad boy if they ever release it on DVD.
"It's made out of people! PEEEEOOOPLLLLLLLE!!!!"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Solyent green is .... :p)
How about Chuck as Michaelangelo with Rex Harrison as Pope Julius II in "The Agony and The Ecstacy"? One of my all time favorite somewhat-campy films. Even the P&S VHS had to go to letterbox to show off the Sistine Chapel....

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Not a "Disaster flick" but don't forget his outstanding western, Will Penny. This was Chuck's favorite film per his autobiography (great read BTW)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks