What's new

Blu-ray Review Interstellar Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
For someone who came into this movie as a blind buy, my included IMAX frame was just a tiny spoiler:

scan0001asm_zpspsnklhu7.jpg

Harry

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Did anybody get a frame from an actual IMAX shot (full frame) in the movie? Mine is also from a 2.35:1 scene.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I got an actual IMAX frame of a very dark object obscuring the frame, and a sliver of a window in the corner. Have no earthly idea what it is.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
bujaki said:
I got an actual IMAX frame of a very dark object obscuring the frame, and a sliver of a window in the corner. Have no earthly idea what it is.

Wormhole? Gargantua?

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
haineshisway said:
The sound mix is not the problem in understanding what some of the actors are saying - it is the mumbling and talking so low that any character who is more than an inch away from whoever is speaking would not be able to understand or even hear a word they were saying. This happens in many films of today - actors and directors somehow think this is what being "real" is - to which I say, hogwash. It's a real problem when you can't understand dialogue in films that are trying to tell a story with spoken words.
I agree. The entire nearly three hour movie was mumbled, especially the lead actor. I had to turn the audio way up for the diologue, and down again for the "music".

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I broke in my new basement home theater (118" screen) by watching INTERSTELLAR.

I was amazed. An incredibly powerful and at times, very emotional film. There were moments where I had tears in my eyes.

Everything from the score, to the editing was first-rate.

One of the best science fiction films I have seen in years.

I agree with others that the sound had to be turned up and down throughout as the music was just way too strong, but with remote in hand, I managed to handle that with ease. Just wish it was a little more balanced.

Liked the very subtle way that the aspect ratios changed. Wasn't as jarring as one would have thought it would be.

In the end, this is a film I will watch again and again. An EXCEPTIONAL film.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
I watched this yesterday afternoon. I was mesmerized from start to finish. Yes, I had a bit of difficulty understanding "some" of the lines, but not enough to break the film's spell.

What a wonderful film. And it's the first time I have ever enjoyed a Hans Zimmer film score!

Only distraction: Why is Matthew McConnaughey ORANGE? I noticed it in "Magic Mike". Saw him at the Oscars last year and he was still orange. And in this film he REEKS of orange.

Anybody know whassup with his skin color?

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I agree. The entire nearly three hour movie was mumbled, especially the lead actor. I had to turn the audio way up for the diologue, and down again for the "music".

I watched this on UHD disc for the first time today. Good, but not great, film with much to enjoy. Hoping that the 4k sound would be improved but unfortunately the dialogue is as mumbled as ever. This has become a common occurrence with contemporary films, and i sometimes have to replay a scene several times. For the most egregious, i occasionally put the subtitles on!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I watched this yesterday afternoon. I was mesmerized from start to finish. Yes, I had a bit of difficulty understanding "some" of the lines, but not enough to break the film's spell.

What a wonderful film. And it's the first time I have ever enjoyed a Hans Zimmer film score!

Only distraction: Why is Matthew McConnaughey ORANGE? I noticed it in "Magic Mike". Saw him at the Oscars last year and he was still orange. And in this film he REEKS of orange.

Anybody know whassup with his skin color?

He is, perhaps, a relative of a well-known public figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks