What's new

Oh Boy! Quantum Leap on Blu! (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Are the fx redone in hd ?

(ie. Like what was done for Star Trek: The Next Generation).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
One of my favorites, and one of the few shows I'd be willing to upgrade from DVD. Having a lot of the original music returned is GREAT news. I can probably sell the DVD sets for $5-10 each, which means this won't event be *that* expensive. One more bonus: smaller cases save on shelf space.
icon_biggrin.gif

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
It's no big deal if not every song could be cleared. The missing ones can be found by trading for original NBC broadcasts.

What IS important is that they managed to clear most of them.

Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
The most crucial music is the Ray Charles tune played in the 2nd and 5th season episodes involving Al. If those are in place I'm content. And "Good Morning, Peoria" he was a radio DJ. I guess that's important too.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
This is promising news... as a DVD consumer, I'm a bit concerned about 95 episodes on 18 discs (though the math doesn't seem as extreme as other Mill Creek releases) as well as packaging design.

Looking forward to hearing more, as I always avoided the earlier sets.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The most crucial music is the Ray Charles tune played in the 2nd and 5th season episodes involving Al. If those are in place I'm content. And "Good Morning, Peoria" he was a radio DJ. I guess that's important too.

I mentioned it elsewhere...

Mill Creek has already rereleased S2 (the season with the two episodes you mention), with no music edits. So I see no reason why they wouldn't release it on Blu in the same condition.

No, I expect any changes will be in seasons 3 or 4, since S5 had all its music cleared by Universal in the first place.

Plus, S4 didn't even get a region 2 release with all original music, so I'm betting that's where the changes will be.

We'll see in about a month and a half.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
This is *fantastic news*!

I never got around to purchasing the DVDs, so the Blu-ray release is a "no brainer"!!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm looking forward to this one! Mill Creek's done a pretty good job with their BR releases so far and the prices usually drop considerably by release date. I'm expecting ~$60 for the BR set.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm looking forward to this one! Mill Creek's done a pretty good job with their BR releases so far and the prices usually drop considerably by release date. I'm expecting ~$60 for the BR set.

If only we could get Sliders on Blu, because we've obviously taken the vortex to a parallel universe since Mill Creek is the last great hope for classic TV on both DVD and Blu-Ray.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Sliders would cost a fortune to redo on blu (all those early cgi wormhole shots) and likely not return much as only the first and second seasons were any good.

I'm hoping we get Amazing Stories at some point even if it is too "high profile".

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sliders would cost a fortune to redo on blu (all those early cgi wormhole shots) and likely not return much as only the first and second seasons were any good.

I'm hoping we get Amazing Stories at some point even if it is too "high profile".

I know, Sliders was shot on film, edited on video, and since it isn't Star Trek: TNG or X-Files, there's almost no chance in hell it would ever be reconstructed, even in the cheaper X-Files way.

As for Amazing Stories... maybe there's a chance when the new show happens? If nothing else, maybe that will be when Uni finally releases the rest of it on DVD in the US.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I'm assuming Night Gallery isn't on blu anywhere right (although that's a show I'd wish Shout would do something with)?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll have to see what music is still missing. I'm rewatching on Netflix (which is complete now except for the exclusion of Disco Inferno, which I picked up on Vudu with music intact), so I don't absolutely have to own the show.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

Joel:

Maybe with the Amazing Stories reboot in development at NBC, Universal might release the complete second season or the complete series in Region 1.

GaryA

Auditioning
Great news, but it is possible that Universal could simply be putting the existing R2 versions onto blu-ray. R2 has always had all the intact music for seasons 1-3 and 5, while the season 4 set with changed/omitted music was the same in R1 and R2. (4 out of 5 seasons could qualify as "the majority of the music" for PR purposes.) I have the R2 DVD set, which is still pretty affordable.

I think the only way to know for sure is if Uni puts out a definitive statement as to exactly what music is still changed for BR, or if fans check the discs themselves after release and post their findings.

I did a quick check just now of some older posts on the main QL forum (Al's Place Online Community), and found a fan-made (partial?) list of 9 episodes in S4 with music changes or omissions. This list was refuted by a couple of other posters who said almost all of those eps were fine. HOWEVER, the one thing everyone agrees on is that in R1, R2, and R4, the song "I Want to Know What Love Is" from the ep "Temptation Eyes" is changed to elevator musak (it is intact on the streaming version), a fact that sticks in fans' craws because it isn't background music but a primary overlay during a montage sequence. Since Uni has already said not all the music will be intact, chances are this song will still be missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks