What's new

*** Official LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

The mystery element really kicks in around Book 6. The script writers know where the story is going in the later books (since, presumably, they've read them all), so they incorporated more of that thread in the first film than exists in the first three books.

Finally got to see this film on DVD this weekend. Loved it, but thought it was very rushed trying to cram three entire novels into 90 minutes. The production design was fantastic!

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I've begun reading the series of books and was interested in knowing if there were any plans to adapt any of the later books or if there were any plans at any point? With the FINAL book, the 13th, being released this October I thought the studio might continue the series but I guess the Box Office wasn't what was expected?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There were ruminations for a while, but it wasn't a huge performer. The older two kids were already pushing it for being children anyway, and I'm not sure how the story would work with bonafide teenagers in those roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks