What's new

*** Official "KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, well ... must be my sense of humor ... wouldn't be the first time I got excited about a movie that no one else liked :D

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I've never seen a movie get unanimously bad reviews. I checked Rotten Tomatoes, and the only good review was from a guy named "JoBlo."
Interestingly enough, this is the same guy who's loving review quote made it on to the front of the BATTLEFIELD EARTH dvd cover!! :D :D :D :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey now. Let's not start bashing JoBlo! He's a very entertaining writer, he knows his movies and (most importantly) he's a friend of mine. :D
Just because he has some whacked-out "guilty pleasures", that doesn't make him a freak.
I'd trust a critic who praises Kung Pow over a critic who'd recommend I am Sam. :laugh:

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Actually Peter, in my review, I did. :)
Shock of shocks, my co-host gave this a positive review when we taped our show yesterday. Don't doubt I'll hold this one against him at the proper time in the future. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
A Fistful of Yen from the great Kentucky Fried Movie has a special place in my heart.
Brian, same here. I'll probably check out Kung Pow at some point, but I can't see it being as good as A Fistful of Yen. I love the line from it: "Please welcome our contestants - Long Wang, Hung Well, and Enormous Genitals!" And Dr. Claw's answering machine message is a classic.

-Jason

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
"It does not seem that too many people have ever heard of the saying "Never judge a book by its cover"...

Instead of knocking it and not seeing it, how bout seeing it and then rant on it if you don't like it. I went in with VERY low expectations and came out of the theater with a headache that was induced by almost non-stop laughter.
With all deferrence to the ideal criteria of judgement...I don't need to shave my ass and sit in a bowl of gin, to know it's painful. I'll pass on this.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Clearly Trace, you have not done this.
And I prefer a rusty razor, the effect is wonderful.
;):laugh:
Is it wrong to go ahead and drink the gin after I'm done?
Not saying I do, just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks