What's new

3D Blu-ray Review 3-D Rarities: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Mine sits in my mailbox, while I sit in Tampa, Fl. Won't be seeing it until Saturday, at the earliest. Although, my son will, certainly, watch it when he goes to collect my mail, today.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We will certainly try to do that. We would have with Rarities but ran out of time and had to get to the next project.

I know I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating. If you could please take a moment and leave us a review/rating on Amazon, that would be terrific. (Even if you purchased elsewhere, you can still post a review.) Every little bit helps and people do make purchase decisions based on those customer reviews.

Thank you!

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
Dave MJ said:
I pre-ordered the disc a couple months ago and received it last week. The content is really great, but I am seeing pretty severe ghosting on most of the films. I'm using an Oppo BDP-103 player and an Epson 5020 projector. I've tweaked all of the 3D settings but haven't gotten much improvement.
That's the exact set up I use, and I saw none save on the earliest shots where it's baked in. Not sure why things are different for you. Do you have the brightness settings up all the way on the glasses? Reducing that may help some, but you do say you've "tweaked all of the settings" so you may have tried this already.

S A M33

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I have no problem with a negative review that offers some kind of constructive criticism, but this one is ridiculous.

Apparently, he is watching 3-D RARITIES converted to anaglyphic with a "3-D Video Wizard."

If you don't mind, can you please take a moment to vote/respond to the one-star ripoff "review" from June 25: http://www.amazon.com/3-D-Rarities-Blu-ray-Macdonald-Carey/product-reviews/B00VGXABLI/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt_rgt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=all_formats&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1#RIUSY4LWSUCFB

Thank you very much!

moovtune

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Dave MJ said:
I usually see some ghosting on my Epson 5020, but it seems worse on this release. Regardless, it is an amazingly enjoyable disc.

My Epson 5020 is mostly ghost free on all of my 190 3D titles (with a Panasonic player), including this title. perhaps you can borrow a different player to se if it's a player or projector issue.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
moovtune said:
My Epson 5020 is mostly ghost free on all of my 190 3D titles (with a Panasonic player), including this title. perhaps you can borrow a different player to se if it's a player or projector issue.

Looks fine on my Panasonic AE8000.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Received this today. Absloutely fascinating material providing an entertaining and educational look at 3D over the years. This is exactly the sort of rare 3D collection which I've been hoping for.

I'm also glad to say that following my recent cataract surgery, my ability to see 3D is undiminished :)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I loved this and my 9-year old daughter was absolutely fascinated! Between this set and the Cinerama series she is turning into a classic film aficionado!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
That's fabulous, it's SO cool seeing young people enjoy this material. We had quite a few college-age attendees at MoMA. They loved it!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We're asking YOU to vote.

For those that have 3-D RARITIES, please take a moment and give us a rating on IMDB. Ten is best and it's very easy to vote. We're at 8.7 now with just ten users. Thanks!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4561026/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

24.3.16-Plastigram3.16.gif

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I had the honor of presenting 3-D RARITIES on July 23 at the National Stereoscopic Association 3D-Con in Salt Lake City, Utah. Brian May sat in the front row and during the post-screening Q&A, Dr. May had great praise for both the show and our 3-D restoration work. We spoke afterward about our mutual lifelong interest in 3-D and you could not meet a nicer man!

Brian-May-b.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks