What's new

3D Blu-ray Review 3-D Rarities: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (2 Viewers)

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Looking forward to this by the minute -- the stills with the review on DVD Beaver are great and look forward to the slide shows included as extras.

I'm in Australia and ordered through Amazon so it will take a while, but used to that -- it will be on high rotation at my place with the Sony 3D Headset on!

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Bob Furmanek said:
David, the pre-orders from Flicker Alley began shipping yesterday!

I didn't get email confirmation ( was hoping for a tracking number) but the My Account section shows it's been shipped.

I've not been quite as excited about a new BD release for a while

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Did anyone get tracking numbers. With the postage I had to pay to the UK I expected a tracked service. Is it listed on the site perhaps?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My copy came today, and I spent a most enjoyable afternoon with this disc. There are so many unusual and intriguing featurettes, and every one of the previews for 3D attractions made me want to see the entire movie RIGHT THEN AND THERE! These studios are crazy if they don't start a concentrated effort to get their 3D features out to the public.

Thank you so much, Bob and company, for a great afternoon of viewing. I'll wait a week or two and watch it all over again.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Wonderful, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!

What's your favorite film in the set?

Can you please take a moment and leave a review/rating on Amazon? Thanks!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Along with the early silent vignettes that were just loaded with pop-out stuff, I enjoyed the Marciano-Walcott training sequences prior to the bout. I didn't find the fight all that enhanced by 3D, but the training sequences were golden! And that car that assembled itself was just remarkable by either 2D or 3D standards.

Again, though, there is SO much content here that I need to watch it a few more times to really take everything in and appreciate all that is here. For those who are 3D ready, this disc is a must.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
I pre-ordered the disc a couple months ago and received it last week. The content is really great, but I am seeing pretty severe ghosting on most of the films. I'm using an Oppo BDP-103 player and an Epson 5020 projector. I've tweaked all of the 3D settings but haven't gotten much improvement.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Better that Bob chimes in, but I can tell you that the early footage in chapter one has ghosting that is baked in to the print. I pointed that out in my review.

You shouldn't be seeing ghosting on any of the later material.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Ghosting is down to the Display, only DLP projectors are free from ghosting, I fully expect to see some on my Sony projector.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Got this in the UK today. A quick skip through shows there are some great bits and pieces here. The tantalising glimpse of a 3D It Came From Outer Space left me wanting to see the whole film.

If Universal themselves are not interested in bringing it out perhaps Bob and his team can convince Universal to let them do it.

This is one hell of a disc. Thanks guys

Dave MJ

Second Unit
youworkmen said:
Got this in the UK today. A quick skip through shows there are some great bits and pieces here. The tantalising glimpse of a 3D It Came From Outer Space left me wanting to see the whole film.

If Universal themselves are not interested in bringing it out perhaps Bob and his team can convince Universal to let them do it.

This is one hell of a disc. Thanks guys
I agree 100%. It seems like a perfect candidate for a proper 3D release.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Panman40 said:
Ghosting is down to the Display, only DLP projectors are free from ghosting, I fully expect to see some on my Sony projector.

I usually see some ghosting on my Epson 5020, but it seems worse on this release. Regardless, it is an amazingly enjoyable disc.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Dave MJ said:
I usually see some ghosting on my Epson 5020, but it seems worse on this release. Regardless, it is an amazingly enjoyable disc.
I will definitely be buying this that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks