What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Is City in Fear (David Janssen, Robert Vaughn, Mickey Roarke) in any of your packages? It only got a VHS release. It aired on ABC, but I have no idea who has the rights these days. If you don't have it, any idea who does?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming July 25th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Silkwood (1983) with optional English subtitles

Special Features:
• Interview with Producer Michael Hausman
• Original Theatrical Trailers
• TV Spots
• Reversible Blu-ray Art

silkwood.jpg

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I have The Man Who Could Cheat Death from Kino,
and
I would really like both Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell & Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter even more.

I really want CAPTAIN KRONOS VAMPIRE HUNTER as well. I even bought the HD streaming version of it last year because usually when I do that it prompts Kino or other labels to release a Blu-ray. So far, it hasn't worked!

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Scott / Mr. Lime: Any guidance you can give us at this stage on Street Date ETAs for Cyborg 2087, Dimension 5 and the 3D blu of Cease Fire?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

"Compelling... echoes of ROCKY and DEATH WISH" - Variety

"...the definitive monster-truck movie" - New York Daily News

Rolling Vengeance (1987) Starring Don Michael Paul, Lawrence Dane, Ned Beatty, Lisa Howard and Michael Dyson - Written by Michael Thomas Montgomery (Eye of the Tiger) - Directed by Steven Hilliard Stern (The Park is Mine)

RollingVengeance.jpg

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Rolling Vengeance (1987) Starring Don Michael Paul, Lawrence Dane, Ned Beatty, Lisa Howard and Michael Dyson - Written by Michael Thomas Montgomery (Eye of the Tiger) - Directed by Steven Hilliard Stern (The Park is Mine)

I don't think I've ever heard of this film, but I have to purchase it. Between that image and the trailer I just watched on youtube, it looks wonderfully goofy.

I love how eclectic Kino's releases are - yesterday there's an announcement for Silkwood, and today it's Rolling Vengeance.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

"Compelling... echoes of ROCKY and DEATH WISH" - Variety

"...the definitive monster-truck movie" - New York Daily News

View attachment 38169
Misterlime: the poster reminded me of another 1980s camp sci-Fi doomsday flick, one Maximum Overdrive (1986). Any chance we might see this film and that big killer clown face truck on Blu?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

The Wrong Guy (1997) Starring Dave Foley, Jennifer Tilly, David Anthony Higgins, Joe Flaherty, Kenneth Welsh, Enrico Colantoni and Colm Feore - Written by Dave Foley, David Anthony Higgins and Jay Kogen (The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle) - Directed by David Steinberg (Paternity, Going Berserk)

the-wrong-guy-movie-poster-1990-1020230404.jpg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming August 22nd on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Long Riders (1980) Starring David Carradine, Keith Carradine, Robert Carradine, James Keach, Stacy Keach, Dennis Quaid, Randy Quaid, Christopher Guest, Nicholas Guest, Pamela Reed, James Remar and Harry Carey Jr. - Shot by Ric Waite (48 Hrs.) - Music by Ry Cooder (Southern Comfort) - Directed by Walter Hill (The Driver)

Special Features ... so far
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• New Interview with stars Keith and Robert Carradine
• New Interview with stars Stacy and James Keach
• New Interview with star Randy Quaid
• New Interview with actor Nicholas Guest
• New Interview with Producer Tim Zinnemann
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Animated Image and Poster Montage
• Original Theatrical Trailer

the-long-riders.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The Long Riders (1980) Starring David Carradine, Keith Carradine, Robert Carradine, James Keach, Stacy Keach, Dennis Quaid, Randy Quaid, Christopher Guest, Nicholas Guest, Pamela Reed, James Remar and Harry Carey Jr. - Shot by Ric Waite (48 Hrs.) - Music by Ry Cooder (Southern Comfort) - Directed by Walter Hill (The Driver)

Yes!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Coming August 22nd on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

Special Features ... so far
• Brand New 4K Restoration
• New Interview with stars Keith and Robert Carradine
• New Interview with stars Stacy and James Keach
• New Interview with star Randy Quaid
• New Interview with actor Nicholas Guest
• New Interview with Producer Tim Zinnemann
• Reversible Blu-ray Art
• Animated Image and Poster Montage
• Original Theatrical Trailer

Day one purchase! Keep the Special Features coming on this one!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming August 22nd From Kino Classics!

Varieté (1925) (Variety) - Starring Emil Jannings, Lya De Putti and Maly Delschaft - Directed by Ewald André Dupont

Special Features:
• New score by Berklee Silent Film Orchestra
• Short documentary on the creation of the score.
• The complete Othello (1922) - Starring Emil Jannings and Lya De Putti, Werner Krauss - Directed by Dimitri Buchowetzki

variety.jpeg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon:
6/20 8 Million Ways to Die | Thunderbirds Are Go/Thunderbird 6 (2-Disc DBL Feat) 6/27 Hell in the Pacific | Curse of the Pink Panther (BD) | Son of the Pink Panther (BD) | Inspector Clouseau (BD) | The Apple 7/5 My Favorite Brunette | Road to Rio | Road to Bali | Son of Paleface | The Lemon Drop Kid 7/11 Shalako | The Hunting Party | Star Crystal | Star Slammer 7/18 Freeway (1988) | Last of the Finest (BD) | No Man's Land (BD) | Coronet Blue (Complete Series) 7/25 Prizzi's Honor | Silkwood | Night People (BD) 8/1 The Good Son (BD) | Executioner's Song (2 Discs) (BD) 8/8 Barton Fink | Frankie and Johnny (BD) | Clambake (BD) 8/15 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (50th Anniversary Special 2-Disc Edition) | Duel in the Sun ( 8/22 The Long Riders (New 4K) | The Indian Runner | Beggars of Life 8/29 Funny Bones 9/5 Junior Bonner | They Shoot Horses Don't They | The Birthday Party 9/12 Custer of the West | Krakatoa, East of Java | Visit to a Small Planet | Tobor the Great 9/19 Adventures of Captain Marvel | Love with a Proper Stranger | Red Line 7000 9/26 Dimension 5 | Cyborg 2087 | SpaceCamp | OSS 117: Five Film Collection 10/17 Rawhead Rex

Announced - No Set Dates:
The Big Country | Cease Fire! (3-D) | Death Rides a Horse (BD) | The Devil's Brigade (BD) | Driftwood | Farmer's Daughter | Four Faces West | Hangover Square (BD) | Legend of Hillbilly John | The Lion in Winter (BD) | Man Who Died Twice | The Mercenary | Portrait of Jennie | Rolling Vengeance | Spiral Staircase | This World, Then the Fireworks | Valmont | Whales of August | The Wrong Guy

Kino Lotber | Kino Classics Studio Releases
Covered Wagon | It's the Old Army Game | Manhandled | Old Ironsides | Running Wild | Stage Struck

168889313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks