What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flicks*

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david
Mr Lime, does Kino have
CARNIVAL OF THIEVES aka
THE CAPER OF THE GOLDEN BULLS
( 1967 )
originally released theatrically
by Embassy Pictures ?

Reactions: PMF

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So any hope of getting My Friend Irma (1949) and My Friend Irma Goes West (1949) rests with Universal?

I think the rights are with Paramount.

Mr Lime, does Kino have
CARNIVAL OF THIEVES aka
THE CAPER OF THE GOLDEN BULLS
( 1967 )
originally released theatrically
by Embassy Pictures ?

The rights are with Studio Canal.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
So any hope of getting My Friend Irma (1949) and My Friend Irma Goes West (1949) rests with Universal?

very much in Paramount's control, they released the Martin and Lewis sets Vol1 & Vol2, this was followed by a reissue from WB, but it is one set that with some work could be a great blu release, but this time they would have to include the omitted titles and in the correct format

everyday there is one announcement that I am waiting to hear, that other TV show ????

Last edited:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for Whales of August; it's an underrated gem in my opinion. Terrific cast and endearing story combine to make a sweet movie.

It's been difficult to view in recent years although TCM did show it in the last year or so. Mr. Lime - can you advise if this is a new transfer?

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
updated schedule

5/23
Those Redheads From Seattle (3-D) | How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (DVD) | The World of Henry Orient (DVD) 5/30 Blue Racer | Sheriff Hoot Kloot | Tough Guys | One, Two, Three | Paradine Case | The Sheik | Son of the Sheik 6/6 1492: Conquest of Paradise | Hell in the Pacific | Man in a Glass Booth | Zaza | The Apple 6/13 Night People (BD) | Three Sisters | Kill, Baby…Kill! 6/20 8 Million Ways to Die | Thunderbirds Are Go/Thunderbird 6 (Double Feature) | Coronet Blue (Complete Series) | The Last Laugh 6/27 Curse of the Pink Panther (BD) | Son of the Pink Panther (BD) | Inspector Clouseau (BD) 7/5 My Favorite Brunette | Road to Rio | Road to Bali | Son of Paleface | The Lemon Drop Kid

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Mercenary (1968) Starring Franco Nero, Tony Musante, Giovanni Ralli and Jack Palance - Shot by Alejandro Ulloa (Companeros, Horror Express) - Music by Ennio Morricone (A FIstful of Dollars, The Sicilian Clan) and Bruno Nicolai (Adios Sabata, The Red Queen Kills Seven Times) - Directed by Sergio Corbucci (Django, Navajo Joe)

View attachment 37429
Thanks Kino. This is probably my favorite announcement this year so far. My favorite Spaghetti Western after the Sergio Leone Westerns. And a great Ennio Morricone Score.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Was it ever mentioned why The Crucible, a Dolby 5.1 film, only has 2.0 surround on Blu-ray? I find that a bit odd.

Not that I have seen, I'm still waiting to find out why the 5.1 track from Compulsion wasn't used and if the 2.0 that was used is mono or stereo

Last edited:

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
2016 2K Restoration from a 4K Scan!
Oscar Winner: Best Actress | Best Screenplay | Best Score
Oscar Nominee: Best Picture | Best Actor | Best Director | Best Costume

The Lion in Winter (1968) Starring Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, John Castle, Nigel Terry and Timothy Dalton - Shot by Douglas Slocombe - Score by John Barry - Screenplay by James Goldman, based on his play - Directed by Anthony Harvey

Lion_Winter_2.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I can't say I had any major problems with the Region B disc, but I will purchase the Kino one as well. I hope it retains the Region B extras, or adds to them.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
I can't say I had any major problems with the Region B disc, but I will purchase the Kino one as well. I hope it retains the Region B extras, or adds to them.

When the disc was released I recall a number of comments concerning the poor sound. Is this the case? The John Barry score is a wonderful listen all by itself. How does it fare on the Bluray?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
MisterLime, is The Lion in Winter licenced from StudioCanal, or someone else? Just wondering if there are any licencing deals of which we are not aware of, in order to balance expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks