What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
We can't do anything about Amazon screw-ups. All we could do is bring it to their attention and we've done that, we hope the incorrect price for Stryker and this Loophole issue is fixed soon. You can always buy them from other sites or directly from KL. :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
From the Director of Sudden Fear and Midnight Lace!

Twist of Fate (1954) Starring Ginger Rogers, Herbert Lom, Stanley Baker, Jacques Bergerac, John Le Mesurier and Ferdy Mayne - Shot by Edward Scaife (The Dirty Dozen, Curse of the Demon) - Directed by David Miller (Lonely are the Brave)

MPW-54162.jpeg

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Coming Soon!
From the Director of Sudden Fear and Midnight Lace!

Twist of Fate (1954) Starring Ginger Rogers, Herbert Lom, Stanley Baker, Jacques Bergerac, John Le Mesurier and Ferdy Mayne - Shot by Edward Scaife (The Dirty Dozen, Curse of the Demon) - Directed by David Miller (Lonely are the Brave)

View attachment 36102
Never heard of this film before, but you had me at "Ginger Rogers!" :) Any more of her films in the works for blu? If not, I hope you are able to license a few more of her films!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming Soon!
Brand New 2017 HD Master!

Academy Award Nominee: Best Art Direction-Set Decoration (Black-and-White)

Visit to a Small Planet (1960) Starring Jerry Lewis, Joan Blackman, Earl Holliman, Fred Clark, John Williams, Jerome Cowan, Gale Gordon, Joe Turkel and Lee Patrick - Based on a Play by Gore Vidal (The Left Handed Gun) - Screenplay by Edmund Beloin (Donovan's Reef) and Henry Garson (Don't Give Up the Ship) - Shot by Oscar Winner Loyal Griggs (Shane) - Directed by Oscar Winner Norman Taurog (Boys Town)

81b676cde0fc00b7038981b25f9d5256.jpg

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Kino-Lorber for Visit to a Small Planet...you have made a lot of Jerry Lewis fans very happy with this announcement...and a new HD transfer! This is one of Jerry's best and very enjoyable...and for me, tremendously nostalgic as it is perhaps the first film I remember seeing in a theater first run in 1960, when I was almost 5...Great job bringing this to disc for the first time ever! Love you guys!

Certainly a delirium of sarcastic irony for one of Jerry Lewis's best movies to be based on a play by Gore Vidal...Love it!

Last edited:

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thank you Kino-Lorber for Visit to a Small Planet...you have made a lot of Jerry Lewis fans very happy with this announcement...and a new HD transfer! This is one of Jerry's best and very enjoyable...and for me, tremendously nostalgic as it is perhaps the first film I remember seeing in a theater first run in 1960, when I was almost 5...Great job bringing this to disc for the first time ever! Love you guys!

Certainly a delirium of sarcastic irony for one of Jerry Lewis's best movies to be based on a play by Gore Vidal...Love it!

Very happy to see a bluray release. I've had a DVD from Germany for some time but can now retire it.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Very excited for the Jerry Lewis film Visit to a Small Planet . Another new release by KL that's a day one buy for me . Any chance for the Jerry Lewis film Way Way Out ? Not in the same class as Visit to a Small Planet but still and unreleased Jerry Lewis film . I believe it was released by Fox.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
There is money to be made from a company such as Kino releasing the classic series The Outer Limits on blu-ray. But just as importantly, it would engender publicity and great good will among extremely passionate fan bases of both this historically seminal series as well as science fiction. Make it so!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
MisterLime,

You mentioned several posts back the upcoming release of The Pied Piper.

I take it that this is the 50s film starring Van Johnson?

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I actually believe it's the 1972 Paramount release directed by Jacques Demy ("The Umbrellas of Cherbourg"). It's an interesting film starring Donovan and Jack Wild. It had previously been released on DVD by Legend Films. Here's the Amazon link to that version:

https://www.amazon.com/Pied-Piper-D...qid=1485108830&sr=1-1&keywords=the+pied+piper

I'm guessing this is correct because Kino is also releasing THE OPTIMISTS with Peter Sellers which was another Legend release of a Paramount film.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Sorry if I missed this but is there any chance for "A Place in the Sun" for bluray release? One of my all time favorites.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sorry if I missed this but is there any chance for "A Place in the Sun" for bluray release? One of my all time favorites.

None of the films previously released by Paramount on DVD is part of this deal. Most of the titles are first time on DVD and Blu-ray, some are previously released titles Paramount had licensed to Legend and Lionsgate/Artisan.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
None of the films previously released by Paramount on DVD is part of this deal. Most of the titles are first time on DVD and Blu-ray, some are previously released titles Paramount had licensed to Legend and Lionsgate/Artisan.
I should have remembered that. Thanks.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime are there any VistaVision films in the pipeline. Thinking of Hell's Island, Maracaibo, The Devil's Hairpin etc ?

No, we don't. Many of the unreleased VistaVision titles have legal issues, like music clearance, etc. I'm pretty sure Hell's Island, But Not For Me are two of them, there are more. Also, the surviving film elements for some these line The Sad Sack, etc are in poor shape, and the remastering them may be a difficult and costly task.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks