What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (2 Viewers)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Guys, I'm in central 2 and i see you guys are in here but what game are you all in? I suspected the DVDTalk game but it's passworded and i can't figure it out. IM me or post here where you are.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
my ps2 froze up during abandoned so i decided to call it quits. I probably won't be on much for a few days as I'll be immersed in GTA Vice City but I'll still be on. Just gonna take a vacation in Vice City for a bit ;)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
My PS2 locked up as well, so I had to call it a night. I'll be on again sometime this week.

Vincent M

Grip
Hey guys. Good games tonight. I got booted twice from that last Abandoned match, too, so I just shut the PS2 off. Do you guys know if the other servers crash as much (Hanguk, Nihon, etc)? Anyway, thanks for the games. It's great playing with a bunch of mature players instead of 12 year olds (or 30 year olds with the mind of a 12 year old) singing into the mic. Thanks again, and we'll see ya next time on SOCOM Online.

[DVD] Lethal

GaryP

Second Unit
Vincent,
Another great match tonight. Playing you guys is the only clan ( other than my own ;)) that I really look forward to going up against because I know it'll be loads of fun without the juvenile aggravation. Now, on to your question: As far as I know, every damn one of those servers is prone to what we went though tonight. It's really becoming somewhat of a crap shoot. Sometimes I can be on all evening without one solitary drop, other times the whole room goes down multiple times in one sitting, so who knows. At any rate, you've got to talk your guys into getting Ghost Recon, or at least start recruiting more of your forum members for a second clan :D.
Take Care,
Gary

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Had fun playing with the DVD Talk guys last night. I got dropped from Rat's Nest, so I just called it a night and went to bed.

-Dean-

eric c j

Agent
I agree we need to start getting a second clan going for those who are not making the official battles. I know there are times when 8 people fill up and then there is at least 5 or 6 left behind wanting more. I know there was a old thread but it would make sense to just add to this one. If there is still 30 people out there in total with the HTF designation we must decide if we will be using the orig HTF prefix or adding a second account and calling it HTF2 or something. Your thoughts? Also I thought i was in for sundays match since I was like #4 on the signup list for that match and for some reason never made the orig 6 or 8 needed for the battle, so I am alittle confused.

Vincent M

Grip
Gary,
The SOCOM servers have been getting on our nerves too. The more I play, the more I notice how glitchy and unstable it can be. I really wish they would fix these errors. Some people say that Twisted Metal Black Online doesn't suffer from the same problems as SOCOM, so I wonder why can't they fix the SOCOM servers.
Anyway, a few of the [DVD] guys have exhibited interest in Ghost Recon. I admit that it looks incredible and will potentially be a "SOCOM killer," but personally, time and money prevent me from buying an Xbox, Ghost Recon, and whatever the fee is for Xbox Live. I'm almost sure that there will probably be enough people at DVD Talk to form a Ghost Recon clan, so you'll probably get to play against them once they get the ball rolling. As for me, I'll just stick with SOCOM for now. I'll see you in our next scrimmage, with claymores in hand. ;)
Vincent

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
ATTENTION!!!!
All HTF Clan members please read!!!
As you know, the official Sony tournament is coming. It starts this Friday, & we have one week to complete the 1st round.
I have already been in touch with the leader of the clan that we are facing - Freedom Fighters. What we need to do is pick our best map both as a Seal team & as a Terrorist team.
My picks are: as Seals - Abandoned or Blizzard
Terrorists - Blood Lake,Abandoned, or Desert Glory
But we need to settle on one. So please post your picks here AND e-mail them to me.
Also, I'm doing my best to set this up for a weekend night, either Friday,Saturday, or Sunday. That would seem to work best for the majority of our group. Im my opinion, this is more important than the SSSL game, so if this takes place on Saturday, we'll have to bump that till Sunday.
Lastly,
I have been talking with the officers & some of the clan members as to the people who'll we will use in the 1st round. I'm still waiting on clairifaction as to who we can use, whether or not we can rotate others in, etc.
I will say two things:
I really, really want to win our 1st round match. By doing that, we will have lasted longer than half the clans in the tourney. I honestly believe that we can stay in this thing a while, & do some damage. But we'll need to be at our absolute best in order to do this...
It is my intention to have some different members play in future rounds, if we get that far. Right now, for this battle - I'd like to have our overall best 8 players involved.
What I'm looking at is (in no particular order) personal skills, kill rate, experience, & most importantly, teamwork.
I'll be sending out the list via email, & after a time, I'll post it here also. Some people might not be able to play at the selected time, so I'd like to have a few others in reserve if needed.
Just remember, if your name isn't on the list, it's not because you are a bad player, or not deserving. Far from it.
I would simply, this being the "official" Sony-sanctioned tournament. like to put our best foot forward.
As always, I'd appreciate any ideas or comments.
Thanks,
Calvin
HTF-Nightwing
HTF SOCOM Clan Leader
PS: Only submit the map name in this thread. Any strageties,ideas, or game tips should be talked about either via AIM chat, at our private OGCN board, by e-mail, or in our HTF Socom practice briefing room.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that was terrible. Lag city! When I finally thought it was working again, I got dumped out. Subhuman and I were taking on Nightwing, Joboo, and Dolemite, and bam... there I go.
I've had it for the night, I'm done. Nice playing with you guys, that was a blast (claymores, literally) :)
Tom

GaryP

Second Unit
Well guys,
I thought I'd share my small personal feat. I cracked into the top one-thousand in rank (for the time being anyway). I know I've probably said this three or four times in this thread already, but I just want to thank you guys again for making this game so fun. I'm looking forward to playing many more online games with "the gang" in the future.
Gary

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Sorry I didn't hop back on last night after I got dropped for the 3rd time in an hour. :angry:
I really wasn't in to the game last night and I really didn't feel like hopping back on, so I watched Fellowship of the Ring instead. :)
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks