What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Bring'em along Tom! Congratulations on your win guys!!

Unfortunately I've been out of commission now for awhile here. My NA adapter went the way of the Dodo when I unplugged it to get the serial number on the back of the PS2. Finding one around here is still a little difficult so I'm still looking. I'll hopefully be on again soon.

No matter what I'm there for Ghost Recon on launch. Can't wait to play with you guys again!

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
i haven't been able to play with you guys yet, mainly due to the odd hours i play.

i'm not having nearly as many server problems as you guys are, though, and there are plenty of people on line when i'm playing. a few weeks ago i had a lot of problems but they seem to be cleared up for me. i'm surprised to hear so many recent horror stories!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey gang,

If anyone is playing right now or later tonite around midnite, let me know. I hadn't seen any posts as to where you guys have playing lately, or what times...so I figured I'd ask.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Okay,
We are playing now..at least a few of us.
Goto a higher US East server...JoBoo & I should be there.
Also, I do appreciate being nominated for the HTF Ghost Recon clan leader. I also agree that there should be some type of "leader council" for XBL , so that we can coordinate with other HTFers for the XBL games, as well as represent the HTF in a respectful way, like we do with SOCOM.
Finally, we have officially advanced in the Sony e-seals tournament. We will not be getting a bye, & it looks like we will be facing Red Cell 2 next. I will elaborate further in a clan e-mail.
Hope to see you online!
HTF-Nightwing

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey gang,

Sorry I haven't been on in a while (again) but if anyone wants to play tonite around 11 PM or so, leave a message here and we can determine where to meet.

GaryP

Second Unit
Jason,
Just thought I'd jump in here so you don't think you're getting the cold shoulder or anything. Truth be told, I think most of us became a little burned out on SOCOM around the same time. I know the last week or so, I've really slowed down the action. Tonight, it looks like most of us are going to have a session of MotoGP. Wish you had a beta kit, but it'll only be a few more days I suppose.

Gary

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Gary,

That's kind of what I figured. No problem at all, as I'm sure once Ghost Recon and Unreal come out we'll spend countless hours on those. At some point it would be nice to have one or 2 last Socom benders though. See you all soon...

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
We are going to need some target dummies for practice tonight as it looks like we will try to continue our domination of the Sony Tourny tonight.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
What's the clan status once Ghost Recon/Unreal are out? Will we still be doing SOCOM? I'm thinking about maybe selling it unless they can fix these server issues. I can only see things getting worse towards Xmas unless they do something about it.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Ryan,

Most of the members involved in the HTF Socom clan have stated that,because
of various reasons, their video game time will be devoted elsewhere soon.
There is already a Ghost Recon XBox Live clan starting, which, thanks to
many of you, I'll be leading.

It is my intention to go as far as we can into the Sony tourney, to make a
name for the HTF.
Officially, we are in the round of 64 - which is the 2nd round. (tourney had
128 clans playing).

Unofficially, with the clan we were supposed to face forfeiting, we have
moved into the round of 32. As soon as I know something official. I'll pass
it along.

After the Sony tourney is over, if someone else is interested - I'll be
giving up leadership of the clan to either a current member who wants it -
or a HTFer who would like to keep the ball rolling.

For me personally, I won't be selling SOCOM. That is my only current online
PS2 game. Also, I need to finish the one-player mode. So, every once in a
while - I'll jump on & raid a room. I hope that whatever regs that keep
theirs will do the same with me...

Until the Sony tourney is over, I'd like to get to practice at least once or
twice before we play officially. Unless someone else takes over soon, we
will be dropping out of the SSSL league.

That's it.

Questions/comments, send them my way.

HTF-Nightwing
current HTF Socom Clan Leader

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
I too will be leaving SOCOM for bigger and better things (hopefully) like Ghost Recon and MechAssault (and Unreal C)
I wont be getting rid of my copy of SOCOM though, because I too will want to hop on everyone once and a blue moon, for nostalgia(sp?) sake. :D

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
OK that's good to know. I'll also be out next week from Monday to Friday. At this point, I doubt I could help much at all with our clan wars in terms of playing between being gone and being rusty. My dilemma is if I sold SOCOM I could get all three shooting XBL games, otherwise probably only 2. I'm really happy to hear you guys have advanced to the top 32 (that is awesome!!!) and also that Calvin will be leading Ghost Recon (makes sense)!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I will continue to play for the forseeable future. I think SOCOM is a great game and I have no reason to stop playing.

GaryP

Second Unit
Josh,
You can keep trying to use SOCOM as an excuse to convince yourself you don't need an XBOX, but we know better. As soon as you see a few nice little threads on Ghost Recon and/or Mech Assault and we apply a little more peer pressure I reckon we'll be seeing you on the "Live" battlefield shortly. ;)
Gary

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
:laugh:
Come to the green light Josh. :)
JoBoo, dig Live sig. I'm not sure if I'll stick with "Tron" or come up with something else.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
If I had the time, I'd probably get an Xbox. As it is, I have PS2 games still in the wrapper waiting to be played. I'm still working on Kingdom Hearts, Tekken 4, Contra, GTA:VC, Fatal Frame, and have yet to open Suikoden 3. And I still play SOCOM.

There's only so much Josh to go around. Besides, I'm a crappy clan member. I can't usually play on the weekends and my schedule is crazy.

It'll probably still happen, but not any time soon. Probably. Maybe. I donno.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
No way I'm gettting rid of my Socom. Gotta have the reunion eventually! I am not going to be playing the game however very actively. I'll also be moving on to Ghost Recon and Mechassault ad as Josh put it, there is only so much Romier to go around. Can't wait to get on Recon guys!

James St

Supporting Actor
I went on a Socom mini-marathon for a few hours Sunday. It felt good to play after being too busy to get on for the last week. I'll be keeping it and playing until Live launches(Moto GP isn't doing it for me). But my attention will be focused on XBL once Ghost Recon arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks