What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm gonna jump on sometime after the world series game ends. Also, anyone up for some HTF Twisted Metal Black at some point?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Man the SOCOM servers SUCK. I got dropped like 4 times tonight in the span of like 90 minutes. I'm really getting annoyed with the servers. With GTA VC coming out and my frustration running high, I might be taking a good break from SOCOM. It's more frustrating than fun anymore. When I consider the amount of money I invested in the game, it makes me even more angry :angry:

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Could someone explain how exactly the SOCOM servers work? When we go into a game, is the game running off of a server, or is one of the players (ie the host) running the game off of their PS2/Broadband? So basically the servers are named for getting people in the same proximity in the same games so the games run smoother, but then when you play a game, you "leave" the server and go into a peer-to-peer setup?

If that is the case, then it would be the players dropping other players right with lousy connections or whatever? If that is the case, they should have wrote something into the game to figure out who would be the best host based on connection and then switch the host to that person.

GaryP

Second Unit
Ryan,
The clan war did not go well, again. While we ddn't get demolished we got worked pretty good the second round. Our finallt tally was 6-4, 6-2 in favor of AoD. I swear we must have some kind of mental block. As soon as the match is over we go out and decimate all. Just can't put my finger on it. I don't want to take anything away from AoD, it just seems like we never really get in to a "flow". So, back to the drawing board.

Curtis,
If you tried to AIM me, someone that was on my comp must have closed your message window. Get back to me if you get a chance.

Take Care,
Gary

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Are you guys calling out plays and executing them? Did you have one central play caller? What were the strengths of AoD? Did you try to exploit any weaknesses they had? Were you guys calling out positions of where you were going at the start, and giving vital information once the game began? Sorry if it sounds like I'm being an armchair player, just trying to see what happened and what you guys tried.

I know our team can fire extremely well against good teams, I saw it Saturday night. The only thing I noticed is our teamwork/organization didn't seem to be as tight as theirs (USRF), but I could be off on that observation, it was just my perception.

Oh yeah, did you guys warm up before you played?

Curtis H

Grip
those AoD guys are just all really good. i've played on the same side as them on several occasions when they've had their "AoD vs all" rooms and they didn't do much play calling the one day I played with them and i played with them for about 4 hours. the only thing i noticed was that same day they were on playing together since 12 noon and the same guys were playing together again that same night when i got on with HTF guys at around 10-11pm. so they definitely clock in the hours of playtime/practice as a team with the same people.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
We did okay last night, though we do need to communiacate better. As well as play more of the hostage maps,so we can get better.

Kelley, thanks for playing on such short notice.

Guys, as soon as I know more on the Sony tourney, I'll let you know.

We also might be scrimmaging against DVD Talk tonight.
Again, I'll let you know.

Calvin

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I have heard a rumor that gameshark codes are now in place on SOCOM making it harder to kill members of the other team. Anyone know if there is any truth to this or not?

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the same thing, there was a guy the other night who you could just not kill, I know I pumped 20 rounds into him. He would just go down like he was dead, then arise and kill me and a few others. That along with the hidding in walls, I am losing respect for the game.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
First off I'd like to thank Dean's belly for making him go out to eat and secondly I'd like to thank Deans head for agreeing with his belly and going out to eat.

I don't know what I was on last night but I was doing really well as SEALs and then had a few moments of genuis as Terrorist.

I've got my Xbox Live kit now so I plan to experience that when I get home, but if we do have a match with DVD Talk someone let me know!

GaryP

Second Unit
Josh,
I want you to do me a favor:
1) Reach into your pocket
2)Pull out wallet
3)Count out $200 plus New York's sales tax percentage
4)Set said amount on your dresser
5)Quit f'n around a go get yourself an XBOX
6)Thank me later ;)
Gary

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Hey Josh, whats happeeeeenning. Im gonna need you to go ahead and pick up a xbox on saturday. mmmkay. Yeah, why dont you go ahead and put a downpayment on Xbox Live as well, mmmkey. Great, thanks!

ohh by the way, did you get that memo about the HTF reports? Yeah, Live is now mandatory for all employees of IniTec. great, thanks!!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Auuuugh. It's not even a money issue. It's a time and space issue. I already have more PS2 games than I can play and my rack is already full.

I know, lame excuse. Oh - I also hate Microsoft. But that's a silly excuse too.

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks