What's new

***Official Home Theater Forum--The Movie review thread (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Great flick. I give it 9 out of 10. I docked it 1 point for all the product placement. For example, in the "Dawn of HT" sequence when the apes gathered around the mysterious black cylinder the SVS nameplate was all too visible. And I know the "In-N-Out" Burger bit was supposed to be an homage to The Big Lebowski, but it went on too long. I mean, did we have to see RAF (played by Scott Glenn) order & eat 4 "protein-style" doubles??
My favorite part was when Robert "Crawdaddy" Crawford (played by Samuel L. Jackson) opened a can of whup-ass on Fox's Peter Staddon (played by Sting), wielding the dreaded Monkeybone DVD like a light saber. Great fight choreography there!!
I'm looking forward to the 10-disc DVD special edition, which is rumored to have 2 hours of excised footage cut back into the film, an 8 hour "making-of" documentary, 6 commentaries, and the complete score on both SACD and DVD Audio. I also read at "Ain't It Drool News" that there will be a single-disc P&S release that will consist of 2 hours of real HTF members mooning the unsuspecting viewers. Of course, we all know to take anything you read at AIDN with a large grain of salt!
:D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The very best and exciting part was of course the "association sequence", said to be based on several actual existing "association threads" in the real life HTF.

Three hours of pure and nail-biting non-stop on-screen thrills!

Cees

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
My favorite part was when Robert "Crawdaddy" Crawford (played by Samuel L. Jackson)
Talk about typecasting. A perfect fit.
I can almost hear Robert saying "And you will know my name is the LORD when I close the thread on thee!" :laugh: Fits his authoritarian role. ;)
Seth Green is too funny to play me...unfortunately for me.
Dennis Leary was the perfect choice. Too bad his wonderful rant on Gladiator's Oscar and the problem with the phrase "check your brain at the door" in classic Leary fashion (ala The Ref) were left on the cutting room floor.
Did anybody else catch the scene where the Jack Briggs character tossed that chicken bone into the air at the picnic? Funny stuff. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
How about the "Box Office Thread" re-enactment. Edwin and Tino attacking New Line's main offices. Seth defending the NL marketing guys...great stuff, just great. I also liked the entire Gladiator subplot...with a special cameo by the HTF's own Terrell..."Are you not entertained!"
:D

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
What's this movie rated? I want to take my kids but I've heard the violence in the Storming Wal-Mart dream sequence rivals that of Saving Private Ryan and is quite graphic with pan & scanners heads being lopped off.

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that the Steve Christou character gets naked?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Brett, its trying to get Steve Christou to keep his pants on thats the problem, crazy bastard has no shame, its indecent I tell ya.

I hear he has a "Works better nekkid" clause in his contract.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
That's why you ALWAYS make sure to get to craft services before Steve does. You don't want that thing near the salsa before you get your chips.
Walmart storming - did you see Basketball Diaries, Natural Born Killers? Kiddies beware. ;)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
You neglected to mention the romantic subplot involving me (played by Jack Black), Diane Lane (playing herself) and Molly Ringwald (playing herself). A lot of the love scenes were left on the cutting room floor, but thankfully, at least 1 (set to the extended version of Laura Branigan's "Self-Control) made it in there (and how they got past the MPAA we shall never know. The rest will make it into the SE DVD). There's also a big scene where I challenge myself to die for wrong things I've said, but Rain (played by Ryan Phillipe) brings me to my senses, and we share a hug (no sex implied, just forgiveness). Finally, I and my brother (played by Kyle Gass, the other half of Tenacious D) perform "Ain't Gonna Play Sun City" while we hold signs asking for "Star Wars" and "BTTF" to come out on DVD sometime before we die.

Sincerely,

John "That role will net Jack an Oscar, I guarantee you" Kilduff

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad that I was able to contribute the use of my SelectaVision videodisc player and 1100 discs- this finally marks the first time CED equipment has appeared in a movie. RCA never had the foresight to have their videodisc players appear in any films, the way MCA sneaked the early DiscoVision laserdiscs into a few Universal movies like Airport 77 and Bustin' Loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks