What's new

*** Official "CHARLIES' ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I walked out the theathre both amuzed and dissapointed by the movie. Somethings to me were just wrong

Spoilers
It Kinda bothered me that John Cleese's Character thought that Alex and the other Angels were a Call-girl group. The way he just accepted it was not to thrilling.

Also, I'm surprised that they movie made a side trip to tell the background story of the thin man when we only saw him on screen for five mintues. I loved the Thin man in the first movie. Too bad they killed him off for good this time.

Believe it or Not. One thing I was looking forward to in the sequel was the relationship between Natalie and Pete. I thought those two were a cute couple in the first movie, I'm glad they followed it up

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
As for whether it's really a chick film, did Xena appeal more to men or women? She's another girl that kicked ass.
I know alot of gals who watched Xena for the whole women power thing. But the difference here is Xena actually had a decent plot for the most part ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Scott's review is spot on!

And may I add:
Demi.....Hot and wasted
Cleese...Unfunny and wasted
Mac......Funny and welcome
Action...Full of sound and fury signifying nothing
Fx.......bad (aforementioned "haloing") and good (opening)
Angels...Hot as expected
Story....where?

In short, I say if you liked the first one, skip this one which isn't as good.

And if you didn't like the first one....duhhh!;)

A generous :star::star:1/2

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the movies wasnt to great. I would have enjoyed it more if it was a rental. Some of the stunts where real though. The backflip on the motorcross race was real and done by Trevor Vines how invented that trick. The landing wasnt real though. I agree that all the CG and blue screening looked real fake. But It wasnt that bad of a movie. Wasnt great either!! I was laughin in parts of it and thats why it was made. to make people laugh!!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
My fiancee and I saw it, expecting to see a fun cheesey movie. And that's what it was. In the end, my fiancee summed it up as a big music video, which I think it pretty accurate.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I dunno about the Angels, but Xena is THE BIGGEST lesbian sex symbol on TV or film in the last decade. The lesbian demo kept that show on for at least a season or two longer than it would otherwise have been.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That cop is absolutely, one-hundered percent, Owen Wilson. I'd bet money on it.
That cop is absolutely, one-hundered percent, NOT Owen Wilson. I'd bet money on it. :)

EDIT: Didn't see Scott's post right before yours, how much were you willing to bet? :)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
EDIT: Didn't see Scott's post right before yours, how much were you willing to bet?
Scott and I posted at the same time.

I'd put $20 on it, but how do we determine a winner?

I didn't even know, going in, that Owen Wilson had a cameo in the film, but as soon as that scene started, more than one of us our group said "Owen Wilson". So, I dunno. Sure looked and sounded like him to me...

And, if the cop ISN'T Owen Wilson, where DOES Owen show up in the movie?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Definitely had a deeper voice than Owen.
You're not going by the voice in the trailer, are you? It's an obvious dub. You see the cop say "Freeze, ladies", and then the "We've got and 11-350 and it ain't pretty" is voiceover and it doesn't match the first line at all (deeper, as you said).

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I'm glad CA:FT didn't do well this weekend. The Angels were everywhere publicizing the movie and I was sick seeing them. I didn't waste my $$ and time w/the it. This probably kill any potential of CA3. woo hoo!!

-bruce

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
On what planet does a $38M gross on opening weekend = not doing well?
To be honest, I thought the film would have taken MORE, with today's mass-market print runs, hogging screens and saturated marketing. Still, the film offically "did well", just not as well as expected.

Jason

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I'm glad CA:FT didn't do well this weekend. The Angels were everywhere publicizing the movie and I was sick seeing them. I didn't waste my $$ and time w/the it. This probably kill any potential of CA3. woo hoo!!
The first Charlie's Angels film took in $40.1 million on its opening weekend. If $2.1 million during the opening weekend is the difference between doing a sequel or not, Columbia has a weird business model.

DJ

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I'm saying the cop is Andrew Wilson. A friend of mine and I had the same argument, she said it was Owen. I said Owen's nose is so recognizable that it obviously wasn't him. Plus Andrew Wilson already showed up in the first Angels as the chaufer.

I really enjoyed the film for what it was. I still like the 1st one more though. My girlfriend and her friend both loved it, more than the 1st.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm saying the cop is Andrew Wilson. A friend of mine had the same argument, she said it was Owen. I said Owen's nose is so recognizable that it obviously wasn't him. Plus Andrew Wilson already showed up in the first Angles as the chaufer.
Again, assuming you are correct, where DOES Owen appear in CA:FT?

Stephen_Dar

Stunt Coordinator
With the stunts that looked bluescreened uninspired and fake, the girls gigling every few moments (we are so cool and cocky) and the girls jumping and falling 4 stories or more and surviving made me tune out about half way in. There was no sense of reality at all and I know we are suppose to suspend our belief but they things they got through were so unrealistic and the danger so false that you stopped carring.
I can't say it any better, so I'll just refer to this fine post. No story what so ever, and the way my buddies and I summed it up at the end : the second one lacked the charm of the first.

I agree the box office for both CA and Hulk have been disappointing. I don't think we can know how disappointing because it's all a matter of return on investment, which of course is secret. But, figure, they probably invested much more in CA 2 than in 1 (number of theaters, advertising, etc), so for the opening weekend to drop probably does signal a real problem with the product.

Now, on to Return of the King, which after the crappy Matrix 2, CA2, and less than stellar Hulk, is going to be as welcome as possible no matter what we get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks