What's new

*** Official "CHARLIES' ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
I've never heard a movie (or anything, for that matter) - ever, in my entire life be played as loud as my local theater played "Charlie's Angels 2". It was like the Memorex ad where the sound knocks the guy off his chair. Seriously, I've heard full-scale rock concerts that sounded tame in comparison. I have to put it - at peak - at about 120 decibels. It was a hair away from being painful.

Liked the movie though, even though it was missing the charm of the first.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the background sound drowned out a lot of the dialog (at least it did at the theaters I saw it in).

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

Same here. But I loved it! Maybe one of the reasons why I enjoyed the movie so much. And not to mention I could hear no noise from anyone around me, even with about 20 thirteen year old kids on the other side of the theater.

-Eric

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

I am pretty sure that Owen Wilson was the cop in front of that one guy's house when the angels and Bosley all showed up to investigate and found out about the pineapple Sex Wax.

-Eric

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
While I really enjoyed the first one as good old mindless fun (having Bill Murray, Crispin Glover, and Sam Rockwell helped immensely), this one just sucked. No originality, no inspiration, and even the first one had a plot you could follow, as convoluted and silly as it was.

I did have fun picking out the cameos though. Anybody else notice Eric Bogosian as the guy who was smothered to death, and Chris "Party Boy" Pontius of "Jackass" fame as the main thug in the Treasure Chest (the one they were trying to swipe the keys from)? Crispin Glover was totally wasted this time around, as were Bernie Mac, John Cleese, and the kid from Holes. For all of the talent on screen, it sure was flushed straight down the toilet. Next time they need to stick with one screenwriter and one script instead of the usual army of script doctors.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I am pretty sure that Owen Wilson was the cop in front of that one guy's house when the angels and Bosley all showed up to investigate and found out about the pineapple Sex Wax.
No way. The cop's voice was noticeably deeper and it didn't look like Owen's physique. Plus, I don't think his nose was messed up. :)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

But I did regonize the cop's voice from somewhere. And you are right about the nose thing, but I thought maybe......and if others agreed then I thought I would be right. ;) It was worth a shot.

-Eric

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I've never heard a movie (or anything, for that matter) - ever, in my entire life be played as loud as my local theater played "Charlie's Angels 2". It was like the Memorex ad where the sound knocks the guy off his chair. Seriously, I've heard full-scale rock concerts that sounded tame in comparison. I have to put it - at peak - at about 120 decibels. It was a hair away from being painful.
I noticed this as well. At first I thought it was just me and my friends but I've talked to quite a few people who were at the same screening as I was and they all commented on the volume as well.

It's mixed extremely hot. I'm all for loud movies but this one was just too loud. I think the volume did have an impact on my thoughts of the movie. I was in pain in a couple areas.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
At first I thought the cop outside the "CSI" segment was Stifler from American Pie, then I realized it wasn't and I too thought it might have been Owen Wilson. But his nose wasn't messed up as some above mentioned. I have no idea who it was.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
At first I thought the cop outside the "CSI" segment was Stifler from American Pie, then I realized it wasn't and I too thought it might have been Owen Wilson. But his nose wasn't messed up as some above mentioned. I have no idea who it was.
While watching the scene, I thought it was Dave Sheridan, who played the dirtbag convenience store customer in Ghost World ("Rock 'n roll, baby! Freedom of speech!"). IMDb doesn't list him as being in Full Throttle, though. Then again, IMDb doesn't list Robert Forster, either, so they clearly doesn't have a final cast list yet. I would've checked the credits, but I couldn't pay as much attention to them as I wanted to due to those annoying hot chicks making me look at them.

Anyway, I dug the film very much. It is a rare film that can achieve all of the goals that it sets out for itself. Full Throttle went for inane idiocy with hot chicks, and hit the mark at each turn. The cast was fun (Forster, Robert Patrick, John Cleese, Bernie Mac, Justin Theroux (who I laughed at each time he was on-screen), Crispin Glover), the cameos were fun (Pink, the Olsen Twins, Jaclyn Smith, Carrie Fisher (doing a cameo as a nun in a comedy yet again)), the music was fun (was there an original piece of music in the film?). I couldn't find a thing about it to dislike.

DJ

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I didn't think much of the first one, and this one was worse. As someone else said, it was pretty much a mess. On the plus side, the girls in all the hot outfits were nice, as were all the bits from other movies. Aside from Cape Fear:

- drinking scene in bar, Raiders
- double gold pistols, Face/Off

What else? The movie is evaporating from my brain already. That bar in Mexico -- wasn't that in Traffic?

That blown, solarized look during the bike race must have been deliberate, maybe to mask the zoom effect from the bikers to the girls' closeups. The one really bad looking effect was when Demi first threw and kicked Drew at the observatory.

I know they're suspending reality a bit; the girls can defy gravity (as if suspended by wires...), but how does the guy walk through fire? (As in T2)

As for whether it's really a chick film, did Xena appeal more to men or women? She's another girl that kicked ass.

//Ken

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I agree with Scott when he said this film was a sloppy mess!!!

I loved the first one but its like they gave Mc G a bunch of money and they made it up as they went along.

Mindless films are nice occasionally but there was no meat in this movie at all just lots of sugar.

With the stunts that looked bluescreened uninspired and fake, the girls gigling every few moments (we are so cool and cocky) and the girls jumping and falling 4 stories or more and surviving made me tune out about half way in. There was no sense of reality at all and I know we are suppose to suspend our belief but they things they got through were so unrealistic and the danger so false that you stopped carring.

These Woman arent Superheros. Much like in Daredevil a few months ago, these Woman were doing things and surviving things that not even John McClain in Die Hard could make it out of.

It was as if this movie was edited by a 10 year old it was so all over the place and the winks to other movies the first few times but it seems like they were doing it after while because they had run out of ideas for a plot.

I loved Jacklyn Smith though the yes she did look much better than Demi.

A review I read in the San Francisco Chronicle on Friday said something to the effect that we can all see what Demi has been doing during her Hollywood Movie hiatus and you can see it all up on the screen.
She looked so fake and redone I couldnt belive it was the same hot girl from 80s flicks. I thought she was horrible and didnt they stop wearing caked on eye liner in the 80s?
Bernie Mac was totally wasted and very unfunny and what was the kid put in the mix for ?

Question though:
Are we to believe that Kelly Garret is dead and came to Drews Character as an "Angel?"

This is another case of the people making a Sequel and putting all the money into explosions and little investment in the characters through lack of script.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Estimates courtesy of www.BoxOfficeMojo.com:

This weekend - $38,000,000

Per theater - $10,985 (3,459 theaters)

..and I doubt this one will have the staying power that the original had. Gotta guess it's a disappointing opening.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Two disasters in a row - the Hulk dropped over 70% (expected, because many audiences hated it) and CA:FT tanks (it's playing on over 6500 screens in 3400 locations, so a per-screen of 5.5 grand is lousy). Columbia told us to expect a minimum $50 million opening - I'm glad we passed on it for our theatres.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
That picture of the cop reminds me of the young father of Bruce Banner...besides that cop's face is too long to be a more compressed shorter face such as Sean's..and he has very prominent cheek bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks