What's new

*** Official "CHARLIES' ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I think the only Wilson in it is Andrew Wilson, who played the Chinchilla Ranch cop. He was also the coach in Rushmore.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
As far as movie references, heres what I saw.

Opening scene in bar ("I'm no angel") - Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jump off of dam and into the ravine onto moving helicopter- Goldeneye
Carrie Fisher/Nun - Blues Brothers

Any others? Obvious Matrix/Bad Boys stuff just from the jump cuts, wire-fu, and angles.

I noticed the extreme edge enhancement a few times, mostly when the color palette got very oversaturated; maybe its a byproduct of one of the film effects they used.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Funny that more people wondering wether Owen Wilson was in the movie than wether the movie was good.
I dont think it was Owen. The actor in the movie did not have an Owen Nose.

Did anyone catch the Starsky and Hutch car towards the beginning?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Something that has yet to be mentioned in this is all the things that were in the trailer that are taken out. Look at the first teaser trailer, they editied the helicopter exscape so much better in that. Also, in the final trailer, when the car flips it has an FX shot of the car flying over the cop and the camera zooms in on the cop. Why would you cut a finished FX shot? Why would it be finished if it was going to be cut? There are a lot of things gone from the trailers but I did just read that McG said that they would be an extended cut released on DVD. The tanker scene was cut for a lot of violence I guess. I think the real problem with this movie was it just tried to hard to add story too all characters in a movie that doesn't need any. The Thin Man stuff was funny but needless in the end. I can not believe I would ever say this about a movie but this need to be even more dumbed down and taken even less seriously. Also, this movie could have used 2 more weeks in the editing room, not every cut has to start with a new song.
Thanks

Bob Brick

Grip
We all seem to agree about poor Demi Moore's disintegrating appearance. She looked like the poster girl for anorexia. Every bone in her skull was visible- ewwwww!
I went in to see some mindless but entertaing light summer fare, and that's what I got, plus a few laughs to boot. Not bad considering that some full-fledged supposed comedies sometimes don't even deliver a few laughs.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
She looked so fake and redone I couldnt belive it was the same hot girl from 80s flicks. I thought she was horrible and didnt they stop wearing caked on eye liner in the 80s?
I agree 100% on Demi. I think she looks plastic now. As for "what she's been doing" I'd say she had lipo too, not just working out to get back in shape. She appears to have all sorts of work done. I barely recognize her in interviews.

And wasn't the bathroom scene bordering a bit on a pee fetish. That's 2 "great" bathroom scenes for Diaz if you recall The Sweetest Thing. Sheesh. She even ended up all wet and shrunk down in the toilet in some sort of perveted "whoops, I had an accident" manner. Normally I wouldn't read so much into it, but given everything else in the film you have to wonder. I also mentioned in my review how they have Demi fondling her pistol very deliberately toward the end, rubbing one finger around the tip, etc. You could almost here McG spanking the monkey as he cut the film. ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
About Owen Wilson, he is playing Hutch in the S&H film, so maybe he is in the car during that scene?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Something that has yet to be mentioned in this is all the things that were in the trailer that are taken out. Look at the first teaser trailer, they editied the helicopter exscape so much better in that.
It wasn't edited, it was reshot. Robert Patrick isn't in the teaser at all, and by looking at the shots, you can see that they didn't just take selective shots without him from a take with him.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
One of the main film references I saw in this was Mission Impossible. Some of the instances where this is most noticable:

-In MI, they are looking for the NOC list with the true identities of agents. In CA, they are looking for the HALO rings, with the true identities of witness protection people.

-In MI, various terrorists and other countries want the NOC list. In CA, various mobs and street gangs want the HALO list.

-Matt Leblanc's character's movie, Maximum Extreme 2:D. Check out the tickets and posters at the premiere when they show them. They look exactly like one of the posters for Mission Impossible 1 or 2. It was the poster with the yellow-ish red background and Tom's face or silhouette in the fore front.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I just though all this was funny.

Rhonda Lynn

Agent
I agree with Bob Brick about Demi's body. And her head! But did you see her neck?? Like the muscles were poppin' out of her neck when she was mad. Gross!

I loved this movie as well as the first one.

Now where do we talk about the Soundtrack because of course I had to go out and buy it!?!

>'.'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks