What's new

*** Official BIG FISH Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick C.

Second Unit
Just caught a screening, quite enjoyable! But for such a loving couple, we didn't see much of McGregor/Lohman or Finney/Lange together, aside from that great bathtub scene.

Tidbit about the giant, standing seven feet, six inches tall and wearing a size 29 1/2 shoe, Matthew McGrory is the Guinness record holder for the world’s largest feet.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This looks like such an excellent film. I cannot wait to see it. Perhaps it'll do for Tim Burton what Pulp Fiction did for Travolta. The only thing that gets me worried is that the screenplay is credited to the writer of the screenplays for the Charlie's Angels movies. But all doubts aside, it looks like an absolute winner.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I've been wanting to see this movie, but I cant find it at a local theater. I've heard nothing but awesome reviews!!

I live in Tampa, Florida. Anybody know where's it playing?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
My understanding is that it opened in NY and LA today. It opens "limited" (which usually means the "top 150 markets" but I don't know what they are) on Christmas day. Then it opens "wide" on January 9.

The people who've seen it already (like me) got to go to advance screenings.

It's wonderful!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think its select theaters now,and then probally big cities on XMas day.

Wide is Jan 9.

Im dying to see this one too. I was hoping to see it Xmas Day, but I guess Ill have to wait until Jan :frowning: :frowning:

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
does anyone know where i can hear at least a clip of the pearl jam song "man of the hour" that plays at the end of the credits?

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
In today's Chicago Sun-Times, there was an ad that on Monday the 15th, you could go to a specific Borders (on Clark) and pick up passes to see BF on Wednesday the 17th.

Maybe they're doing that in other cities too.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that gets me worried is that the screenplay is credited to the writer of the screenplays for the Charlie's Angels movies.
GIGO. Charlie's Angels was a fun little diversion, and it wasn't meant to be anything more. The source material being worked with here was a bit more ambitious.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ive seen the trailer a few times and none of the people I was with, myself included, could tell what the movie was about.
That couldnt hurt it but I will check it out.

I went over to Rottentomatoes and it was Fresh at 72%

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I promise not to thread-crap, but my bowels are churning up a storm... let me just say I'm swearing off Burton entirely, something I should've done a long time ago. :thumbsdown:

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a wonderful movie, but it's not for everyone.

Ive seen the trailer a few times and none of the people I was with, myself included, could tell what the movie was about.
It's funny, I thought that too, but after seeing the movie, I realized the trailers tell you exactly what the movie is about, but just not in a way that your mind can handle as a "blurb."

There should be a poll:

Did you like Moulin Rouge?
Yes
No

Did you like Big Fish?
Yes
No

The answer to the first will often determine the answer to the second. It's a mindset thing.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
"No" and "no", but not for the same reasons. The only connection I can ascertain between these two flicks is that Vickie likes them both... alot! ;)

Do you like "Hedwig"? YES!
Do you like "Lost in Translation"? YES!

That's sorta where I'm coming from. ;)

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I loved it. Although I haven't seen Moulin Rouge mainly because I'm not a big fan of musicals, but maybe I'll check it out.

Anyway, am I the only one who thought Ewan MacGregor sounded exactly like Matthew McConaughey?

i was also almost bawling at the end. It was so touching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks