What's new

***Official 4th Annual HTF October Scary Movie Challenge*** (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
On to the update...

Scream(Unrated Director's Cut) - A classic in my eyes. It's unfortunate that so many copy-cat films have made Scream look a little less brilliant. The script is so sharp at setting up standard horror film conventions and either shooting them down or twisting them. The film get's almost too real during Billy's and Stu's complete loss of sanity in the third act.

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter - Thank you Joe-Bob Briggs for bringing me a classic commentary. The film itself was wicked-bad, but it's great to hear Joe-Bob's comments.

Full List
1. Day of the Dead
2. The Hills Have Eyes

3. They Live
4. The Fog
5. Return of the Living Dead
6. Cube
7. Halloween
8. Halloween 2
9. The Evil Dead
10. Suspiria
11. The Thing From Another World
12. Scream Unrated DC
13. Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter

Red = First Timer

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Another update...

In the Mouth of Madness - While this film is far from perfect, it's one of my favorite Carpenter flicks. The tension level is fantastic through out, especially when crazy axe man busts through the glass early on. While it may not be among Carpenter's elite flicks, it's greatly under-rated IMO.

It's Alive - I decided to spin my It's Alive/It Lives Again double-feature LDs today thinking that I had already seen the first, but I guess I was wrong. Basically, the film plays as a B-movie version of Rosemary's Baby. Very classic killer baby stuff though. A real cult classic :)

It Lives Again - Now this one, I had seen before. Another cult classic with multiple killer babies. All of the Alive flicks pose the question of "Can unconditional love exist for killer babies?" Now that's one question that I hope I never have to deal with in the real world :D

Full List
1. Day of the Dead
2. The Hills Have Eyes

3. They Live
4. The Fog
6. Cube
7. Halloween
8. Halloween 2
9. The Evil Dead
10. Suspiria
12. Scream Unrated DC
14. In the Mouth of Madness
15. It's Alive
16. It Lives Again

Red = First Timer

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I managed to squeeze in 15 more movies (first-time viewings in blue) this weekend (plus the non-scary MATRIX RELOADED and A MIGHTY WIND), so here goes:

24. THE OMEGA MAN (1971) watched 10/10/03 Horrifyingly true document of everyday life in the year 1977! Fun junk, could've been much better, but Chuck Heston (who has at least two of his patented "Oh...my...GOD!" moments here), Anthony Zerbe (surprised to see him in MATRIX RELOADED, and commenting on technology, so soon after watching his performance as "Mathias" in this) and Rosiland Cash manage to make it work, more or less.

25. TALES OF TERROR (1962) watched 10/10/03 A trio of Poe stories from partners in crime Vincent Price & producer/director Roger Corman. The first tale, "Morella" suffers from some pretty overwrought dialogue and acting, but does manage some creepy "evil spirit" action before it wraps. "The Black Cat" teams Price and Peter Lorre, and is played for laughs. Corman was no master of movie comedy, but the wine-tasting competition between Price and Lorre was well-staged; Price's reactions to Lorre were pretty funny. The final tale, "The Case of M. Valdemar", involving Basil Rathbone suspending Price in an undead limbo via hypnotism at the point of death, was the best of the bunch. Decent performances by Rathbone & Price and the rather stunning Debra Paget, plus a rather gooey climax, put it over the top.

26. CANDYMAN (1992) watched 10/11/03 An interesting set-up, and a very good performance from Virginia Madsen, almost made this a good movie. However, Tony Todd (as the title fiend), even with a nasty-looking hook and a great, low voice, just wasn't very scary. Also, almost all the scares that were there were cheap "jump shocks", rather than anything resembling a creeping sense of dread.

27. THE HITCHER (1986) watched 10/11/03 A very watchable horror thriller that goes into high gear early on, moments after C. Thomas Howell foolishly gives Rutger Hauer a ride. Could've been a great movie, except that credibility goes bye-bye before a third of the running time has elapsed, and never looks back.

28. A BUCKET OF BLOOD (1959) watched 10/11/03 Though I knocked Roger Corman's skill at comedy a couple of films ago, this is probably his (and scripter Charles Griffith's) best effort in that area (though I will be revisiting THE RAVEN (1963) this month, and it's been awhile since I've watched that one). Dick Miller plays the role of his career as "Walter Paisley", wannabe artist amongst the beatnik set. He accidentally gets his wish, in rather bloody fashion.

29. STRANGLER OF THE SWAMP (1945) watched 10/11/03 Probably the best horror film to emerge from the "poverty row" PRC studio. The acting is only okay (one of the cast is future director Blake Edwards!), and there isn't much to the story, but the film is thick with atmosphere (done on a nearly zero budget...we're talking Edgar G. Ulmer-level of production here), and the ghostly Strangler is one of the creepier denizens of Hollywood horror films of the 1940s.

30. THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE (1973-British) watched 10/11/03 Another tip-top "haunted house" flick, playing like Robert Wise's THE HAUNTING (1963) on steroids, marred only by a rather silly ultimate explanation for the supernatural rollercoaster ride the four main characters endure.

31. ONE HUNDRED MONSTERS (1968-Japanese) watched 10/12/03 First in a trilogy of films from Daiei Studios (home of Zatoichi, Gamera & Daimajin), retitled YOKAI MONSTERS: ONE HUNDRED MONSTERS by ADV Films for its Region 1 DVD release. Corrupt officials swindle villagers out of their sacred shrine and tenement, and are subsequently cursed by oodles of bizarre apparitions. Cool, weird, ocassionally-creepy stuff, though some of the rubbery effects work undermines any true horror.

******Phase II of Scary Movie Challenge 2004 completed******

32. SPOOK WARFARE (1968-Japanese) watched 10/12/03 The goofiest entry in the "Yokai Monsters" trilogy, the opening is roughly similar to THE EXORCIST, then becomes a vague three-way cross between KWAIDAN, H. R. PUFNSTUF and DESTROY ALL MONSTERS! Much of this is played for laughs, and was probably originally intended for kids, like the 1960s Gamera films were.

33. ALONG WITH GHOSTS (1969-Japanese) watched 10/12/03 The final and best entry in the "Yokai Monsters" series. Plays just like a Zatoichi film, with vengeful spirits filling in for a vacationing blind swordsman. The sillier creatures, like the one-eyed, one-legged, long-tongued "Umbrella Ghost" are absent, so the ghosts spookier, overall. They are also used more sparingly, the bulk of the film focusing on poltical intrigues and a little girl evading assassins in feudal-era Japan.

34. DEAD OF NIGHT (1945-British) watched 10/12/03 Classic British horror omnibus, the model for all that followed it. I like the film a lot, but I must admit that most of the tales telegraph their twists to the audience loud & clear, and the lighter "golf story" segment isn't nearly as funny or clever as it wants to be. However, the final tale, with Sir Michael Redgrave as the troubled ventriloquist (a great performance), is excellent, and makes this film's reputation, and the way the wraparound story ultimately interacts with the tales told is a tour-de-force.

35. THE BLOB (1958) watched 10/12/03 A classic of drive-in monster movie cheese, but also deserving of a slightly better reputation. Sure, the actors playing the teens (including Steve McQueen) are 8-10 years to old, some of the effects are dodgey, and the performances of most the actors playing the adults border on the amatuer...but the leads are decent, likeable actors, the film is in vivid, stylized color when a workman-like black & white was still the order of the day for drive-in fare, the story moves at a good clip, the blob appears early and often, the animated title sequence is cool, the theme song catchy, and the majority of the blob effects actually work. Watching this again, its apparent the filmmakers put more work into this than they had to, and that work still pays off nicely, all things considered.

36. BLACK SABBATH (1963-Italian, english-dubbed version) watched 10/12/03 Perhaps Mario Bava's best all-around film. Though Image's DVD of the subtitled Italian cut of the film (which I own) is stunning and a better presentation of the movie, I chose to watch my old Image LD of the dubbed AIP cut of the film this time, so I could hear host/vampiric patriarch Boris Karloff with his own voice. All three stories in this anthology work marvelously, especially "A Drop of Water" (it's the first segment in the dubbed version, whereas its the last part of the subtitled version), which is one of spookiest things I've ever seen on film.

37. WRONG TURN (2003) watched 10/13/03 Not-too-bad modern excursion into homicidal hillbilly territory. Basically, a dumbed-down DELIVERANCE (minus the river), populated with freaks left over from THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE/THE HILLS HAVE EYES, with good lookin' young folk instead of real actors. Moves at a good clip, and less stupid than I feared, although logic steps out for a smoke here and there, towards the end.

38. THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE (1946) watched 10/13/03 Fine vintage suspense/horror film from noir master Robert Siodmak, in which mute Dorothy McGuire tends to sick Ethel Barrymore in Barrymore's large old house, and is stalked by a psycho. Good support from Elsa Lanchester and HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY alumnai Sara Allgood & Rhys Williams. Great, atmospheric black & white cinematography by the esteemed Nick Musuraca.

I'll return in a few days with more...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Added some solid goodies:

Frailty - Was gonna spin the Paxton commentary but I decided to enjoy the film for a fourth time. What an excellent freakin' movie this is.

Tonight I saw the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and enjoyed it a heckuva lot more than I expected to! Review will be up on Friday but it earns :star::star::star::star: out of 5 from me. Doesn't come close to the original, but pretty damn good for what it is. And Jessica Biel is officially the world's hottest woman. Bar none.

And right now I'm enjoying a revisit with The Hills Have Eyes...since the MNF game is a freakin' joke.

October List!

Blue = First-Time Visits

1. The Howling (1981)
    Sleepless Nights (2003)
    I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
    Prom Night 3: The Last Kiss (1989)
    Prom Night 4: Deliver Us From Evil (1992)
    Cannibal Ferox (1981)
    Howling 5: The Rebirth (1989)
    Howling 6: The Freaks (1991)
    Fear No Evil (1981)
    Dead and Buried (1981)
    Night of the Demon (1957)
    The House of the Dead (2003)
    Burnt Offerings (1976)
    Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (1966)
    From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
    Hellraiser (1987)
    Frailty (2002)
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
    The Hills Have Eyes (1977)[/list=1]

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Glad to hear about the TCM remake, Scott! Now I really can't wait to see it.

Anyway, on to today's update...

Disturbing Behavior - Typical Body Snatchers/Stepford Wives flick that gets beat up on a lot. There are definitely better flicks out there, but I don't mind this one and really enjoy the performances from Nick Stahl and Bill Sadler.

Halloween 3 - Known by fans of the series as "The &%$#ing one that doesn't have Michael Myers!" I saw this for the first time last year, and I've watched a couple times since. Certainly not the smartest flick ever made, but pretty enjoyable.

Full List
1. Day of the Dead
2. The Hills Have Eyes

3. They Live
4. The Fog
6. Cube
7. Halloween
8. Halloween 2
9. The Evil Dead
10. Suspiria
12. Scream Unrated DC
15. It's Alive
16. It Lives Again
17. Disturbing Bahavior
18. Halloween 3

Red = First Timer

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I've watched quite a few since my last update:

Cujo- The best Stephen King adaptation to date. A damn good and very intense film with an extremely claustrophobic feel and a vicious St. Bernard that is one of the best horror villains of all time IMO.

From Dusk Till Dawn- Raunchy, bloody, action-packed vampire/crime film that is one of the most fun horror films of the past several year! Great performances all around, sweet vamp action scenes, and an overall sense of supreme coolness.

House of the Dead- Saw this Friday, and it was very bad, but entertainingly so. Hilarious, hilarious, hilarious!

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- To gear up for the outstanding looking remake, I decided to revisit the original masterwork. Still as effective today as it ever was! Gritty, intense, and very unnerving, easily one of the greatest horror films to ever be made!

The Funhouse- A very underrated favorite here. The carnival setting is put to such great use here, and the freak is a freaky, yet sympathetic villain that I feel bad for every time I watch it. Hooper's second best behind TCM easily!

Society- Outstanding film with magnificent special effects, a very original and cool storyline, and some sweet social commentary. Oh yeah, the opening credit sequence is easily one of the best ever too! This film is an enormous favorite of mine, and it deserves more respect IMO.

Frailty- Another big favorite here! Easily the best film of 2002, this film is also one of the greatest directorial debuts ever committed to celluloid. Very eerie, unsettling, and excellent film, a new classic. I can't get enough of it!

The Blob (1988)- One of the elite of horror remakes, this film is a very gory and thrilling film that definitely surpasses the original in my eyes! Remakes don't get much better than this classic!

Rosemary's Baby- One of my top 10 favorite films of all time, a perfect example of a perfect horror film. Some of the best performances ever, eerie music, huge paranoia, a great storyline, several outstanding sequences, and a classic ending make for an undeniable masterpiece!

WATCHED (* = first time viewing)

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III
The Night Flier
Lord of Illusions
The Initiation
They Live
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Session 9
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Burnt Offerings
Freaks
Ghoulies II
The Devonsville Terror
Blood and Black Lace
Suspiria
The Sentinel
Cujo
From Dusk Till Dawn
The House of the Dead
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Funhouse
Society
Frailty
The Blob
Rosemary's Baby

Greg Black

Second Unit
Thanks Peter for reminding me about The Spiral Staircase. I'd bought this DVD over a year ago at K-Mart for $6, and it's still sitting on my shelf in shrink wrap! I'll be sure to check this one out.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Ahh, Halloween 3, someday I need to revist that movie. And don't ask me why, but I can acually sing that dreaded song from the movie. "Happy happy Halloween, Halloween, happy happ Halloween, sliver shamrocks."

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I can sing it word for word as well. I love that song, and Halloween III is my favorite of the series. As I said earlier I'm saving it for Halloween night. :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Watched Dracula (1931). English and Spanish versions. It's pretty clear from the acting that these were early talkies, but other than that, both great movies. I'd have to give the Spanish one the edge, though.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
The Tenant (1976)
directed by Roman Polanski

The Tenant is a most bizarre tale of developing insanity and madness. Or so it would seem. There is a lot going on here. The great thing about this film is that you can take it a couple different ways.

Trelkovsky (Roman Polanski in a great turn) gets word of a vacant apartment. He goes to check it out, and learns that the former tenant committed suicide by jumping out the window. Only she isn't dead yet. However, it seems she is only barely hanging on. And after meeting with the landlord, Trelkovsky is told he may have the apartment if Simone Choule (the jumper) doesn't make it. So he goes to visit her to check her condition. There he meets a friend of Simone's, and Simone herself seems to be terrified of his presence. This leads to more, but I dare not spoil anything.

Simone doesn't make it, and Trelkovsky gets the apartment. However, he soon learns that even the slightest noise sends his neighbors into fits. And through a bizarre set of coincidences, Trelkovsky soon begins to fall into the same routines as Simone Choule. And he soon fears that his neighbors are trying to turn him into Simone Choule, and drive him to suicide. And on this level the film works extremely well. You get a real feel for Trelkovsky's deepening madness, and at the same time can relate to where he is going.

And on another level (which I can't much go into for fear of spoiling some great moments) there are other demons at work. For instance, Trelkovsky often sees his fellow neighbors just standing motion and expressionless for great lengths of time in the shared bathroom across the way from him. Even before his madness seems to take hold. And there was Simone Choule's fear of him. Plus a few other things. All of this can lead to a argued different (supernatural?) direction.

All in all a great film with many layers to dissect. And the ending is both absurd and outstanding at the same time.

:star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Gore Factor-Although this is a more psychological film, there are a few brief moments
Flesh Factor-Roman in drag
Best To Be Viewed-Under the influence

The Asphyx (1973)
directed by Peter Newbrook
(No pic available)

Hugo Cunningham (Robert Stephens) is a "scientist" who discovers something quite interesting. It seems that every living creature has its own "Asphyx" (a bringer of death so to speak). And it just so happens that this Asphyx can be "caught" in a special light. All of this happens in a very entertaining first half of the film. The film doesn't really excel, though, until the second half where Hugo tries to capture his own asphyx and keep it forever locked in the light....thus granting him immortality.

What results is the good ol' fashioned "be careful what you wish for" moral movie, but a nicely done thought-provoking one. What I really liked about the film is that it stood its ground. The normal questions that would pop up are answered (like if my asphyx couldn't get me, and my head got chopped off, would I still live?) although not quite in a direct manner.

The film does have a few holes (I won't elaborate as the big hole is a spoiler) but nothing to detract much from the enjoyment factor. A must for fans of 70's horror.

:star: :star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Gore Factor-Nothing very graphic
Flesh Factor-Nil
Best To Be Viewed-With a Quatermass double feature

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
14. The Haunting (1963)* - This was my first time seeing this film and I must say I found it to be quite a pleasant surprise. Although talky and a little dated, it still has the power to put chills down your spine and make you think about what you just watched. There are no visual thrills... all of the horrors in the film are produced within the imagination, which is what makes it so creepy. I saw this via a horribly cropped VHS, so I hope to buy the DVD very soon and see the film in it's proper aspect ratio, the way it was meant to be seen.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I watched From Hell last night. I agree, definitely an underrated movie and another rock solid performance from Johnny Depp.

Unfortunately, I have to return home to Montana tomorrow for a family emergency. As I'll be spending a great deal of time at a hospital, I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete the challenge. However, by not having to work, it means that I can stay up extra late......maybe I will finish it!:D
  1. Frailty
  2. Scream
  3. Stir of Echoes
  4. From Hell[/list=1]

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
The Legend of Hell House (1973)
directed by John Hough

I know a few others have already covered this one, so I'll be brief. There's a real nasty haunted house that has claimed the lives of at least 7 investigators. So what to do? Send in some more.

I'm not real up to date on which films initiated which ghost story devices, but if this was the first to have ghosts having sex with people, then kudos. Other than that, this one doesn't offer up a whole lot. Most of the chills aren't chilling, and the final confrontation actually made me laugh ("Your mother was a bitch!").

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Gore Factor-Some candles stuck in a dude
Flesh Factor-Groovy sex with ghost scene
Best To Be Viewed-When all other ghost stories are rented out

The Last Man on Earth (1964)
directed by Ubaldo Ragona and Sidney Salkow

Up next on my Richard Matheson double feature is the movie based on his novel I Am Legend. Now I read the book many, many years ago and my memory of it is quite dim. I only remembered that I really enjoyed the book. And with Vincent Price (a.k.a. the man) in the lead role, I'm not real sure how this one got by me all these years.

Well it seems that there is a new horrible virus on the loose that causes its victims to mutate into a zombie/vampire type creature. And our main man Robert Morgan (Price) is the only person immune. So he spends his days reinforcing his domain (via mirrors and garlic.....why the vampires don't use the boards they always seem to have to just knock these away is never explained) and trying to find their stronghold. He also slays the lone ones he finds. As you can imagine, this is a lonely life, so there is much time for lengthy flashbacks. And then one fine day he finds another human out in the daylight. Here is where the story finally starts to pick up.

The directors decided to go with a Lord of the Flies type social commentary with this film. I don't really remember if it was in the book or not, but I think the film took a big turn away from it. The movie is enjoyable, but Vincent is wasted in the weak character of Morgan. And the vampires are more like zombies.

All in all worth a look, but I wouldn't put it very high on your to do list.

:star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Gore Factor-Nothing really
Flesh Factor-Nil
Best To Be Viewed-Without high expectations

House on Haunted Hill (1959)
directed by William Castle

Last Man on Earth didn't fulfill my Vincent Price fix, so I watched the other feature on the two-for disc. What a difference. Price eats up the screen in this one. He is absolutely marvelous as Frederick Loren, a rich man with a problem picking wives. His current wife (number 4) has left him dry, and through a witty scene you find that she has tried to kill him before. And I thought my wife's nagging was bad.

The situation (whose set-up is never explained very well) is that Mr. Loren has invited 5 guests to spend the night in a haunted house. Should they last the night, he'll pay them 10,000 dollars. All are in a desperate situation, and direly need the money. Through a series of events, you get the feel that the married couple have more up their sleeves than just scares and giggles.

While Vincent makes this viewing most worthwhile, the story itself takes a back seat here. Our main couple's problems are never explained, why and how a few things happen (like the pilot getting wacked in the head) are never explained, there are just a few too many situations too wacky to be even remotely believable (like how the owners would just leave a giant pool of acid laying around for years...especially with a blind caretaker roaming around, or how a person could make a rope slither in through a window [especially when there was no way to get out on the other side of said window] and wrap itself around another person's feet), and how the wires on a skeleton are viewable at one time but not another, and on and on. I just felt a bit insulted at times.

Not a horrible movie, but if it wasn't for "the man" it most likely would be.

:star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star: (mostly based on Price's performance)

Gore Factor-Not too shabby for a 1959 motion picture
Flesh Factor-A hot girl in a nightgown
Best To Be Viewed-With an affection for Vincent Price

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
After spending an hour or so on my TCM2K3 ;) review I've come to the conclusion that I like it even more. So it gets bumped to 4.5. :)

Inspired by all the buzzing noises from the other night, I happily plunked down 15 bucks at Circuit City and went home with the TCM re-issue. (I know it's the same DVD as before...but I never bought it.) So my pal Nick stopped by and I asked him if he'd ever seen it.

"Only the parts that were in that Summer School movie..."

So I forced him to sit down and watch it. Nick (like myself) is a fairly talkative guy. Other than a few "hey, where's my lighter?" moments, we didn't speak for 80+ minutes. He was hip-mo-tized by the movie. He didn't even bitch that "nothing happens in the first half hour". Now he's dying to see the remake. Ha.

I also picked up the Scream DVD which I'll be watching when I'm done writing.

Oh, and since I'm rambling..here's some news you all may find interesting: I sometimes call into a radio show based in Chicago. This past Saturday, host Nick DiGilio had Don Coscarelli on as a guest. He was there to field calls, talk movies, and promote the Chicago premiere of Bubba Ho-tep. One caller got Don talking about the Phantasm movies on DVD, and he said something to the effect of "the current Phantasm DVD is very good, but the rights revert back to me within the next year. I'd like to do a big deluxe Special Edition-type thing". (Again, this is not nearly a direct quote, but you get the drift.) So if you don't have the MGM DVD of Phantasm, maybe go grab it. It's only like 9 bucks. :D

October List!

Blue = First-Time Visits

1. The Howling (1981)
    Sleepless Nights (2003)
    I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
    Prom Night 3: The Last Kiss (1989)
    Prom Night 4: Deliver Us From Evil (1992)
    Cannibal Ferox (1981)
    Howling 5: The Rebirth (1989)
    Howling 6: The Freaks (1991)
    Fear No Evil (1981)
    Dead and Buried (1981)
    Night of the Demon (1957)
    The House of the Dead (2003)
    Burnt Offerings (1976)
    Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (1966)
    From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
    Hellraiser (1987)
    Frailty (2002)
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
    The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
    Scream (1996)[/list=1]

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Today's update...

Night of the Living Dead - What can I say about this film. It's fan-fucking-tastic. I think that does it. The story is brilliantly simplistic, but the film is just so damn interesting and entertaining to watch. I've never checked out the Savini remake, but my renewed interest in this film makes me want to go out and pick it up.

The People Under the Stairs - This was a first time visit for me. The film starts out with some interesting ideas but quickly turns into self-parody. I'd like to hear Wes justify some of the content on a commentary :D

Wrong Turn - I thought this was so-so when I saw it back in May, and I still feel the same about it. There are some good moments in the film, but overall too formulaic and predictable.

Full List
1. Day of the Dead
2. The Hills Have Eyes

3. They Live
4. The Fog
6. Cube
7. Halloween
8. Halloween 2
9. The Evil Dead
10. Suspiria
12. Scream Unrated DC
15. It's Alive
16. It Lives Again
17. Disturbing Bahavior
18. Halloween 3
19. Night of the Living Dead
20. The People Under the Stairs
21. Wrong Turn

Red = First Timer

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Today's update...

Creepshow - A childhood favorite of mine. Some of the stories are overlong and boring, but the last two are fantastic. A classic :)

I'm finishing the super-craptastic Valentine on TBS right now, and wow, does it suck. I had always skipped it in the past, and now I see why.

Full List
1. Day of the Dead
2. The Hills Have Eyes

3. They Live
4. The Fog
6. Cube
7. Halloween
8. Halloween 2
9. The Evil Dead
10. Suspiria
12. Scream Unrated DC
15. It's Alive
16. It Lives Again
17. Disturbing Bahavior
18. Halloween 3
19. Night of the Living Dead
20. The People Under the Stairs
21. Wrong Turn
22. Creepshow
23. Valentine

Red = First Timer

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
15. The Vampire Lovers* - A good Hammer vampire film that is pretty creepy, but at other times corny. A bit slow paced, but I like it (and Ingrid Pitt, among other things ;)).

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
16. Countess Dracula* - I must say that I thought I would like The Vampire Lovers more than this film, but I found it to be quite enjoyable. Certainly a pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks